Who posts a potential new WR and isn't joking?

phade

This guy:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2135056&page=11

I'm lucky enough to have spoken to two people who can vouch for the buck being legit. Both of them have taken B&C bucks and one has watched the buck all summer by spotter. He actually told me about this buck in the summer and said he thought it'd be a record contender. Same guy shot a typical that was a common base away from being a new record (not the one D&DH is spouting off about). The buck has traveled a long distance from its summer range - to the point it's absurd. More than a few miles.

I can't believe the guy would post such a thing, but whatever. Talk about a lot of added trouble in the area.

I saw that thread when he started it and thought "what an idiot"! I've had first hand experience of what happens when you shoot a big buck n an area. People follow your vehicle and hunt all your spots! I couldn't imagine what would happen if you posted a pic like that. I hope he hunts private land and has total control over it for his sake. I already know what county he lives in based on his posts. Wouldn't take much investigating to narrow it down further.

I saw that thread when he started it and thought "what an idiot"! I've had first hand experience of what happens when you shoot a big buck n an area. People follow your vehicle and hunt all your spots! I couldn't imagine what would happen if you posted a pic like that. I hope he hunts private land and has total control over it for his sake. I already know what county he lives in based on his posts. Wouldn't take much investigating to narrow it down further.

The guy who posted the pic has taken a booner off public land, too. Not like he doesn't know how to kill them. Plus with the other two people who vouch for it having taken booners...that buck could be in trouble if he hangs around.

The guy who posted the pic has taken a booner off public land, too. Not like he doesn't know how to kill them. Plus with the other two people who vouch for it having taken booners...that buck could be in trouble if he hangs around.

I hear ya. I was thinking of making a trip to Wayne Nat Forest next year but may have to rethink my plans and drive a little further south!LOL!

No way I'm posting anything like that. Let's see he says s. Ohio, ok let's start with a search of all his other posts on that forum and all other hunting forums using the same user name and see what clues we find.

Tineye all his photos see if that brings anything.

He has his pic. on there so someone knows him and where he hunts.

Edited by Larry302

it's got comparable size... absolute giant that makes me wonder why the heck we can't have an average rack size here of more then 100".

that deer is just ridiculous.  seeing milo hanson's and other bucks mounted that are freakishly huge is one thing but to see a live trail cam picture is another.  all that said and looking at the photo though it'd be tough.  it's overall size is comparable but milo hanson's buck has barely any deductions.  there's small stickers all over that thing.

i'm sure people know about this deer in the area it lives.  however, I still wouldn't give up any info about it until I shot it.  the guys I know that kill big bucks consistently don't say a word until they harvest them.

I don't think anyone knows why he posted those pics. I believe he has two B/C bucks on the wall, one public. He must either be super confident he can kill him or he knows he can't kill him and felt the need to blow up the spot.

i still cant believe the size of that deer... the more i look at it, it really does look like that thing would be the next WR, took a long time for one to come into the picture but man that deers got it. cant believe the guy posted pics of a deer like that. funny part is, i bet hes not the only one with that deer on his cam but hes the only one who posted it lol

i still cant believe the size of that deer... the more i look at it, it really does look like that thing would be the next WR, took a long time for one to come into the picture but man that deers got it. cant believe the guy posted pics of a deer like that. funny part is, i bet hes not the only one with that deer on his cam but hes the only one who posted it lol

The funny thing is all three people that vetted for the deer on that thread are hunting studs. They've all got B/C bucks on the wall. That buck is in the wrong area if he wants to live. The one guy who watched it via spotter all summer has a 200+ gross typical and I believe 6-8 bucks 170+. He's a hunting fool and been very blessed. I think he may have two bucks over 200".

I shot the 10th biggest bobcat ever recorded in history in the Rifle Category (I used shotgun and no shotgun category), and it will be probably 14th biggest ever recorded in history overall (any weapon).

HOW CAN I GET PAID??????????????? LOL.

It REALLY bugs me that people equate the size of the deer that these guys have shot to their hunting skill level!

My biggest pet peeve is the absolute unrealistic nature of some of the areas these guys, not by skill, but by pure luck, were born to be able to hunt.  You watch hunting shows, you know what I am talking about.

This guy is blessed to be in a unit in OH (and probably private land) that has monster deer.  Put me on that unit for the last 20 years and see how many booners I can shoot....please.

Come to NYS and shoot a deer over 170" or better yet over 200".  They are around, I assure you, and they take WAY more skill to get.  Come on stud.....

• Like 1

It REALLY bugs me that people equate the size of the deer that these guys have shot to their hunting skill level!

My biggest pet peeve is the absolute unrealistic nature of some of the areas these guys, not by skill, but by pure luck, were born to be able to hunt.  You watch hunting shows, you know what I am talking about.

This guy is blessed to be in a unit in OH (and probably private land) that has monster deer.  Put me on that unit for the last 20 years and see how many booners I can shoot....please.

Come to NYS and shoot a deer over 170" or better yet over 200".  They are around, I assure you, and they take WAY more skill to get.  Come on stud.....

Sure, hunter skill isn't a representation solely built on the size of deer they've harvested. However, people who haven't hunted in the area say they could come in and find a booner behind every tree in Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, etc. simply are not taking into account the bullet list that really qualifies hunter skill. Face it most people in those states still don't shoot B/C caliber bucks. B/C bucks make up a tiny fraction of the overall herd in any of those states.

Shooting a public land B/C, shooting one on opening day of bow season, and having a half dozen B/C bucks (all three of those who know of the buck) says something however. Getting one and lucky is one thing, having historically ability to seal the deal on world-class bucks on multiple occasions begins to shatter the premise that it is JUST all location and money, skill comes into play at some point. Location can make a bad hunter look good - it's the great mitigator - but when you start putting up bucks on the wall that were a common base away from shattering a world record after you've killed a handful of book bucks already, I'd say that boy can hunt, regardless if he were smack dab in the best Iowa county.

It's like saying Peyton Manning was solely a benefactor of having good genes (from pops), having been consistently placed into a great pedigree atmosphere (UT), and then stating that his success  in the NFL thus far is something that anyone could come in and do if they had the same path. At some level, skill comes into play.

I beg to differ about the fact that shooting one in NY takes more skill. The guy who shot the borderline B/C buck we were following all season shot the buck out of pure luck. He was forced to take his stand off our hunting parcel the Wed before season opener. He ended up setting up a blind in the middle of a 90 acre corn field because he had no other place to go hunt because other hunters rung around the field edge with their stands. Guess what ran by across the street after being spooked by a car? Guess who shot it? Not the guys with more than 20 trail cam photos of it, nor the farmer's grandson who had hours of video of the buck in summer for three years...the guy with the bargain basement smoothbore and sluggers who set a blind based on no logic, and who had been cited for game violations in the past. He killed that deer by luck.

Should he kill another two or three, I then start to believe he has more skill than what I can comprehend.

Now, a hunter here with several 125+ in deer here could be equally skilled, that's not the point. I don't care how good of ground you have, when you start having your name in the book multiple times, you are doing something right when it comes to hunting.

Edited by phade
  • Like 4