We need a "Whine Forum"

fasteddie

yes! i hate that!!

if you cant keep up with traffic GTH out of the way

Amen! I've got nothing against driving slow, or fast, for that matter. But the left lane is designated as a passing lane. Pass quickly or slowly but do something. Some drivers immediately into the left lane and slow down to match the traffic pattern on the right. How I wish my car was equipped with a giant spatula to lift the slowpokes up and put them into the right lane where we're all supposed to be.. unless we're PASSING!

whew..I'm feeling better now.

Doc

Amen! I've got nothing against driving slow, or fast, for that matter. But the left lane is designated as a passing lane. Pass quickly or slowly but do something. Some drivers immediately into the left lane and slow down to match the traffic pattern on the right. How I wish my car was equipped with a giant spatula to lift the slowpokes up and put them into the right lane where we're all supposed to be.. unless we're PASSING!

Doc

what about the ones who get on a hwy or pkwy or expswy and do minimum speed limit? that drives me nuts! speedlimit 55, the guy does 45... thats a good way to get people killed when people are flying by at 65mph+ (so dangerous) if you cant keep up with traffic get off the hwy. some people are dead afraid of hwys and so on. they actually look petrified lol, scary stuff 

• Like 1

Doc

It is actually illegal to drive on the leftmost lane on most interstate highways, reserved for passing only. Wish cops enforced this more. The more they let this kind of behavior slide, the more of a culture this style of driving will become and it'll only get worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It is actually illegal to drive on the leftmost lane on most interstate highways, reserved for passing only. Wish cops enforced this more. The more they let this kind of behavior slide, the more of a culture this style of driving will become and it'll only get worse.

no one strictly uses the left lane as just a passing lane... never lol

although the law, i like to drive in the left lane for some time, makes me feel like im living on the edge

On the flip side, you have the person who is right up on you on the left lane so you move over to the middle lane to let them pass but they don't.  They stay the same speed right next to you and now you can't move back into the left lane.

On the flip side, you have the person who is right up on you on the left lane so you move over to the middle lane to let them pass but they don't.  They stay the same speed right next to you and now you can't move back into the left lane.

lol. As my father taught me, people are social creatures. That's why cars always pack up in groups. Seems they take a particular liking to you!  :P

I have not read all of the responses but.....what the hell are you doing? You don't go to that Home Depot.....and definitely do not go to the Wal-Marts on Hudson. Incompetent, and slow service...comprende?

I go out of my way and drive to Macedon Walmart if I need a Supercenter. Penfield if I need a HomeDepot.

Only torture yourself with a trip to Irondequoit if you need some cheap tools from Harbor Freight; but the one in Henrietta is slightly better.

Getting ready to buy new tires for the wife's SUV.

Step Daughter comes home from college and said the roads were bad. I asked her how the tires were on her car. She says..."I don't know." I go out and look.

Ugh.

Walk straight to the fridge for a beer.

Step Daughter comes home from college and said the roads were bad. I asked her how the tires were on her car. She says..."I don't know." I go out and look.

Ugh.

I feel ya, I need 4 new tires for my pickup. Sucks...

I feel ya, I need 4 new tires for my pickup. Sucks...

I did that in April for my wife's Jeep. Mavis for $500 installed, Continental Contact tires and I got a $100 gift card for Addidas.com and I got a new pair of running shoes...wait I guess this does not qualify as a whine... oh well.

Ugh.

I got my last set from Costco's. Free tire balance, rotation, and nitrogen air. Road hazard warranty if damaged, flat repair, and much more I'm probably not aware of. If you balance your tires only twice during its life, that's a savings of over $80 just on balance alone.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I have not read all of the responses but.....what the hell are you doing? You don't go to that Home Depot.....and definitely do not go to the Wal-Marts on Hudson. Incompetent, and slow service...comprende?

I go out of my way and drive to Macedon Walmart if I need a Supercenter. Penfield if I need a HomeDepot.

Only torture yourself with a trip to Irondequoit if you need some cheap tools from Harbor Freight; but the one in Henrietta is slightly better.

I went to Customer Service at the Home Depot in Victor when I was down there today . Their Customer Service told me my card was no good there either . I asked how I could be a Military Veteran in Wayne County but not there . She said it doesn't say anything on my card abould a military affiliation and I said it says right here , US Marines . WTF . Home Depot can kiss my ass ! On the other hand , Lowes has no problem with the card .

As for Walmart . I love the store but I agree the one on Hudson Ave sucks . Almost no hunting stuff and the checkouts are slow . The Geneseo Wal-Mart is real good .

The Harbor Freight in Irondequoit is much better than the Henrietta as far as I am concerned . I have a crapload of 25' tape measures .

People that can't drive the @#$%^&* speed limit!!! Like driving 40-45mph in a 55mph is acceptable! When you see a convoy of vehicles lined up behind you, pull the @#$% over and let people get by you!! Noticed something common with these folks.... either appear to be retired and have no time schedule (and think that no one else does either) or people that drive a minivan of some sort!! I have a 50 mile commute to work each way and I'm in NO mood to tolerate people that can't drive the speed limit!

It's called Road Huntin Lol.

Side of my nose and eyebrow area are swelled a bit lol

First time I ever shot my shotgun with a slug, I was 16, getting ready for deer season. My dad instructed me on how to hold the gun so I didn't jerk the shots, as it would kick harder than I was used to with my turkey shells, and I sort of misunderstood him and barely held on on the front. The scope cap was the kind that has the little red pushtab to pop it open quickly and it came right back and gashed down my forehead and nose. Blood everywhere! I woulda been fine, injuries are not something I get upset about, but he started laughing at me, and that was it. I thought I disappointed him-- that did it and I broke down like the emo teenager that I was. I still get teased about it 16 years later. It was pretty funny!

Edited by Jennifer
  • Like 2

Here's a different whine, but a true vintage! Enrages me every month I am forced to write a check to T-W cable. Probably pay less than most as I only have regular cable & RR with no premium channels or DVR service. Granted I get over 1000 channels, but only watch maybe 15-20 on a regular basis. Remember a few months ago when T-W complained about declining profits due to everyone switching to satellite networks? Basically said they were going to reduce "switch-over" incentives and get more profits from existing customers! WTH!!! So I called and said I was switching over and what could they do for me. We can reduce your bill by ~$35 for a year, but then it will increase above what you're currently paying by $20+ after a year. CS rep was amazed I wasn't overwhelmed by the deal. And the "switch-over" incentives seemed to have gotten even better recently. So much for any loyalty to long term customers. It's no wonder T-W is on the top 10 list for " Business Insider's list of Most Hated Companies in America."

Netflix and Amazon prime....rabbit ears for local stations......bad enough we have to have Verizon... lots cheaper though.....I canceled cable service years ago and never looked back...

Never cared for cable, only when they have special promos like free iPod, etc. then I cancel after I fulfill my minimum, which is usually 2 months.