Venison in NY restaurant

the blur

I'm willing to bet they were farm raised, every last one. All of the above species are raised on farms throughout the USA-- yes even the gator, ostrich, snake, and elk!

I have a friend out west that is looking to get into raising elk on her farm.

yes, I understand.  I never said that they were shot by a hunter and sold on the black market.  I am simply stating that they serve exotic game all over the country.  It is big business!

I am surprised at the "shock" that someone saw it on a menu here in NY.  As I originally posted, I've seen venison in states that dont' even have deer let alone NY with a billion of them.

farm raised deer is completely legal. No different than raising a cow. Many places out west will offer you all sorts of game from Elk to Moose etc.

My brother in law is a head chef at a pretty fancy restaurant. the venison does taste a little better but it could be how he's cooking it. It's a little softer, but I think the venison i harvest myself always tastes the best :)

Edited by Belo

farm raised deer is completely legal. No different than raising a cow. Many places out west will offer you all sorts of game from Elk to Moose etc.

My brother in law is a head chef at a pretty fancy restaurant. the venison does taste a little better but it could be how he's cooking it. It's a little softer, but I think the venison i harvest myself always tastes the best :)

Food cooked for you always tastes better than food you cook yourself.  I think it is the cocktails you consume waiting for the food opposed to standing in the kitchen cooking...lol

• Like 1

yes, I understand.  I never said that they were shot by a hunter and sold on the black market.  I am simply stating that they serve exotic game all over the country.  It is big business!

I am surprised at the "shock" that someone saw it on a menu here in NY.  As I originally posted, I've seen venison in states that dont' even have deer let alone NY with a billion of them.

No problem! I think I misunderstood your original post. I apologize. I guess I am not surprised to see the shock some have at "wild" game type meats on menus, there is a lot of intentional confusion over meat sourcing throughout the industry.

No problem! I think I misunderstood your original post. I apologize. I guess I am not surprised to see the shock some have at "wild" game type meats on menus, there is a lot of intentional confusion over meat sourcing throughout the industry.

lol...you saying pink slime isn't really beef??  damn, time to stop shopping at Wal-Mart.  lmao