Have your opening day spot picked out?

G-Man

Have you got your opening day / weekend spot picked out? 

I have 4 hotspots and havent decided which i will  choose all have had 4 to 5 k photos in last 5 days..  ill let the guys pick their spots 1st at camp and take whats left.. problem is i have 4 weeks off to hunt and dont want to tag out before vacation starts  oct 22nd.   But have to be out there in case the big one walks by..  2nd weekend  my friends son asked if id take him out for youth hunt so that weekend will be easy to get thru...lol

• Like 3

Yep small ladder along a bean field it’s near the corner where the woods and thicket meet,it’s where I get good pics ( no cameras currently out ) and I’ve taken three nice ten points from it .

Last camera pull  showed late afternoon movement , so even though I don’t like bow hunting afternoons all that much ,I’ll be there Oct. 1 hoping to catch one before the bucks disperse .

Good luck to all .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yep small ladder along a bean field it’s near the corner where the woods and thicket meet,it’s where I get good pics ( no cameras currently out ) and I’ve taken three nice ten points from it .

Last camera pull  showed late afternoon movement , so even though I don’t like bow hunting afternoons all that much ,I’ll be there Oct. 1 hoping to catch one before the bucks disperse .

Good luck to all .

Are your beans still green?

All depends on the wind. I'm chosing to be super aggressive for the first 3 weeks of season. I will be the guy who stinks up as much public as possible around me. Crosswind on buck bedding exits and ridges headed down to ag. When we get cold fronts I'll shift to spots where I think certain buck may be on my leases. 

• Like 1

Mine is pending wind direction as always. To start the season will be on the fringe of our hunting spot looking for a freezer queen. Most of the bucks historically don't show until later in October there. Hunting buddy has first pick of the 10 stands, so hope he gets an early one.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

Are your beans still green?

Last time I was there they just started to yellow up . I’m not a once they brown up deer don’t eat them guy though . I’ve killed deer in them green, yellow, brown , cut , plowed up ,  ground covered in manure.

Plus that little field is a route they cross to get into cover . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

Last time I was there they just started to yellow up . I’m not a once they brown up deer don’t eat them guy though . I’ve killed deer in them green, yellow, brown , cut , plowed up ,  ground covered in manure.

Plus that little field is a route they cross to get into cover . 

Couldn’t agree more. 

4 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I see alot of empty acorn caps in the woods, thinking quick sit in the morning on travel route back from plot, then switching to hard woods for a mid day sit.  Wind doesn't look good for the evening sit.

You sitting all day on 10/1?  Props to you!

Rare is the Opening Day of archery that I've hunted.  I do have an idea where I'll hunt for my first outing, depending on wind directions of course.   Not sure when I'll get out for the first hunt but am looking forward to it.

Some left shoulder issues have me on edge a bit too, a torn labrum and severe tendinopathy in my long head bicep tendon make shooting quite difficult.  I'm two weeks into some PT and things seem slightly better.

• Like 3