Have your opening day spot picked out?

G-Man

I have an idea of 2 spots on where I’ll hunt in NY. But not sure if it will be 10/1, 10/2, or early next week. Depends on weather and other variables. I’ll be hunting CT Friday 9/30 first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You in Litchfield County?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Rare is the Opening Day of archery that I've hunted.  I do have an idea where I'll hunt for my first outing, depending on wind directions of course.   Not sure when I'll get out for the first hunt but am looking forward to it.

Some left shoulder issues have me on edge a bit too, a torn labrum and severe tendinopathy in my long head bicep tendon make shooting quite difficult.  I'm two weeks into some PT and things seem slightly better.

I'm having the same shoulder issues I have a torn labrum in both shoulders and some nerve pain going from my neck and into my hands.  I've been in PT since February I finally have the right shoulder surgery scheduled for 10/27 and the left will get surgery when the right gets better.

I hope you get yours fixed soon and you feel better.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, UWShunter said:

You in Litchfield County?

Fairfield County. Wooster Mountain in Ridgefield/Danbury, Bennett's Pond in Ridgefield/Danbury, and then I got into the Aquarion Water hunting program. It's like 7,000 acres throughout the state but I will likely only go to the closeby ones in Newtown, Redding, etc.

• Like 1

I walked the management property I will hunt on Day 1 in the PM. Great runs consistent with past years even though I didn't see any fresh acorns...like any, anywhere! Not in the trees still, not on the ground....gonna be tougher if they just slam browse all fall. More buck crap then doe which is odd
95bf41e99aa747ee49371844195a37c1.jpg
Snagged some chickens as well

• Like 5

I am narrowing things down, but still not sure. Might sight down the road from my house on a point that has some good bedding if the wind is right. I just gotta get there before Mr. Right comes back. The afternoon I think I will sit on a field edge where I have seen does pretty consistently,still have to pick a tree.

• Like 1

Are people doing morning sits this early on? I was thinking just use the "catch them going out to feed" afternoon strategy but if someone has a solid morning strategy I am all ears... the wife even wondered/suggested I go out early on Friday... I have learned to not turn down those opportunities lol. 

Are people doing morning sits this early on? I was thinking just use the "catch them going out to feed" afternoon strategy but if someone has a solid morning strategy I am all ears... the wife even wondered/suggested I go out early on Friday... I have learned to not turn down those opportunities lol. 

Zero acorns by me and only hunt hardwoods. AM’s are always best for me but I’ll do both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

There's been a decent 8 point hanging around my place, but the wind is wrong for opening weekend.  I'll head to the family farm and that neighborhood.  Hunt an old pasture with some apple trees opening morning, just because it's the opener.  Won't hunt mornings again until we get a cold front.  I will head over Friday and scout a little.  Pick out a spot for Saturday PM.  Probably sit an observation stand on Sunday PM.  Spend the rest of the weekend helping my brother with firewood.  He's halfway done with the 14 cord he needs.