Have your opening day spot picked out?

G-Man

9 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

My father in law suggested that I move that little 6-point rack to the “popped out eye” cape.  He likes to decorate his place with mounts from up there.  Right now, my first Adirondack buck is the only one on his wall.  I’ll be up there trying for another (and a bear and a big smallmouth bass) in less than 2 weeks.  I can’t wait.  

Now that IS nutts, lol. My uncle one told me about the booty shot, it was a nice 8 point buck and there was no other shot to take. Unlike you though he said it was the worst cleanup job he had to do.... 

28 minutes ago, heavuser said:

Now that IS nutts, lol. My uncle one told me about the booty shot, it was a nice 8 point buck and there was no other shot to take. Unlike you though he said it was the worst cleanup job he had to do.... 

Certainly, there is very little room for error on that shot, if you want a clean gut job.  My archery season buck that year was a much messier gut job.  That one was slightly quartering towards me, and the arrow deflected back thru the guts after passing diagonally thru his chest.  It exited from the lower ham on the opposite side.

I couldn’t imagine what had happened, when that busted up 2.5 year old 8-point staggered away, dragging a back leg, after taking a mechanical broadhead in the chest.  I was pleased to see him drop dead about 20 yards short of my pond, where he was headed.  

I am glad that pond was close, because it took a lot of water to wash all that gut-juice, poop, and corn out of that body cavity.  Similarly, I was at least thankful to be close to the creek for that Adirondack buck, but it turned out that I didn’t need it.