MORNING OR NIGHT WATCH

nycoyotehounds..BUB

I prefer mid day as the season progresses.  I have taken more deer between 10am and 2 pm.  When most guys are coming our from their morning watch, I am settling in.  The deer pattern hunters, and seem to move more when the pressure is down.

• Like 1

I like mornings better, but do  some afternoons as well. Right now I'm doing 2 days of morning and afternoons , 1 day afternoon, repeat for 2 weeks.......... This lets me sleep in every 3rd day. But then this week I'm doing 4 mornings in a row !!

I'll only do afternoon if I'm off the next day, even though its been years since i had to track one more then 50 yards or so I don't like shooting them just before dark unless I can come back in the AM .

There are no other hunters in my woods or brush lots, and I'm surounded by 100's of acres of clover,corn,plowed fields which puts the nearest ones a fair bit away and food right on top of the deer !

• 11 months later...

it's a toss up for me. I have shot deer at both times. I think I see more deer in the evening, but have seen a lot of the bigger older bucks in the am. My am stands are typically farther back in the woods to catch deer going back to bed. Although, i agree with others about being able to track in then morning

I have some stands that are better in the am and some in the pm. I am at a toss up I like all times. I hate getting up in the morning but I do for hunting season and I love the quiet before first light, then the woods wake up. Who gets to enjoy that like us? I also like the fact that if I hit a deer in the am it should be an easier recovery. But the evening has been good to me as well and boy some of the night recoveries I have had are the best stories!!

My official answer both.

I love to watch to watch the woods wake up.And have seen more deer in the mornings.But then again that is just in those stands.I switched up some stands for the evening hunts this year and hopefully they produce some sightings.I don't really have a preference.I love being in the woods all day.

I prefer to go in the woods in the early AM , meaning carrying a flashlight to get to my stand . Unfortunately I have no clue as to how many deer I am probably kicking on the way in ! I've had more luck in the AM as the woods wakes up but on quite a few occasions I have been late going in ..about 9 am and happened to drop a few that way also . I think its all a gamble anyway !

Where i hunt the mornings seem to be movement,how ever most of my kills have been mid morn to early afternoon.Most days are allday hunts because thats the way i hunt also most likly time to see movment is when others are on the move.I dont like to go in come out and go back in you never realy know what and when game will show up.