Turkey day

Dom

Traditionally we hunt the am.  dinner at 3 so I am home by noon.  In the good old days when everyone in the family hunted, we headed to camp hunted and after dark the feast began. It was always more cozy and seemed more family like than now when everyone is in a rush and see how many dinners they can go to, plus work and of course rush to the stores as soon as the whipped creme is on the pumpkin pie.  Funny how traditions just fade away.  if I told my kids we were having Thanksgiving at camp, dinner would be lonely and be a turkey sub lol.

• Like 3

This year my lovely gal has decided to do just small feast for us and the two boys. Thia way I get to hunt in the AM and come back to get in the way from about 11:00 to 1:00 then head back out til dark. A few years ago I had a buck walk 15ft from me at about 3:00 on Thanksgiving.  That buck is known as the deer that ruined Thanksgiving. Gutted it and dragged it by myself and still got home before dark, by that time everyone was PISSED at me. For some reason I was the only one that could deep fry a turkey so I ruined Thanksgiving. I better stop typing before my wife comes and looks over my shoulder.

UPDATE: She caught me!!! Apparently I had the NEW deep fryer in my truck and that's why they couldn't fry it.

Edited by BUCKANDAQUARTER
  • Like 1

By far my favorite holiday of the year. Hunt in the morning, stuff my gut and watch football in the afternoon. And, no damn presents. Just friends and family together for an enjoyable day of food and relaxation. Then, of course, there is the mess of dishes and leftovers to take care of, but it is all worth it to me.

• Like 2

If I hunt it will be in the afternoon, in the morning will be milking and feeding the dairy cows , then shower and change clothes , drive 45 minutes to Wellsville. My 88 year old mother is a resident in an assissted living center , have dinner with her and my aunt who lives there as well . Come home if there is time go to the woods. Last year I had a nice buck starting to come into the food plot ,  he turned and went back into the woods. I didn't have a clear shot so I didn't take it. And then there is the evening chores.   Some holiday !!!!!   Happy Thanksgiving to all   !      :bye: