Thanksgiving morning.. real feel 5 degrees

Al Bundy

This is the one time i wish i had a 4 wheeler to get me part way in. I have to park somewhere else to walk up the rd to get the my hunting property. I know my blind is caved in but i feel the need to be back in that corner so i am hoping to sit next to it at least

I have killed some deer on turkey day..Killed my first T-Day buck on Thanksgiving morning, 1968...

Since I have retired, I don't need to hunt every day anymore...

Considering the weather report, I think I will float a few icecubes in some amber colored liquid and sit back on the couch...

Perhaps the weather will be better on Saturday...Or Sunday.....

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2

Thanksgiving was one I hunted quite a bit when I was in my teens and 20's.  After I got married I pulled the plug on it as we usually have the dinner at our house and prep is a bummer................................grin.

The few times I've gone in the past 20 years or so have been slow where I hunted.  I did kill one buck in Arcade that I remember fondly.  A 5pt about 15 years ago, it was a cool deal.

Tomorrow I'm going for two hours, that's it.  Out of the woods by 9:15 SHARP.  I only have a 30 minute ride.

Good luck to all and above all else, be safe.

2 hours and out by 915, so your not going in until 715? That's pretty late.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Legal shooting time is 7:21am.  I'll be in the woods prior to that but only two hours of "hunting".

I could kill at probably 6:45am but that ain't gonna fly..........................................FYI, I have four houses within 1000' and one about 525' from me.  Laser measured..............................

Legal shooting time is 7:21am. I'll be in the woods prior to that but only two hours of "hunting".

I could kill at probably 6:45am but that ain't gonna fly..........................................FYI, I have four houses within 1000' and one about 525' from me. Laser measured..............................

Gotcha, thought you meant 2hrs all in. I'm hoping I can stay sitting from 6am to at least 9am, but we will see. 20-30mph winds, gusts over 40mph, low 20's temp. Might have to start still hunting earlier than normal.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Gonna give it a go tomorrow. Maybe a neighboring property will push some around-- who knows! We'll hunt until we freeze or noon rolls around... which ever comes first.

I remember one Thanksgiving morning .. hmm, maybe about 10 years ago, it was snowing terribly. Me, my dad, my great uncles... all piled into dad's 4WD to try and get up the road to our hunting area, and we made it halfway up before the truck would go no further and we slid aaalll the way back down, backward. After that hairy start, we all walked the extra distance in, and about an hour later found my dad and I huddled under a hemlock tree with the snow coming down so hard that we couldn't see ten feet in front of us. I'd never been out in snow so heavy in my life. We both sort of laughed at the situation and asked ourselves what the heck we were hoping to do.

I haven't been out since Monday, and I have had good luck on turkey day so I'll be out for at least a few hours. I heard that the neighbors will be out so maybe the deer will get pushed around a little.  Good luck to those who head out.

2 wheel drive truck,, ?? They make those ??

jkjk.. 4 wheel or nothing when it comes to trucks lol.

I'm with ya on that one , just wasn't in the cards at the time n brought it up from FL for grad school .. Sucks cause now I can't get to my rifle spot in Batavia n gotta settle for shotgun in Lockport ... Oh well huntings hunting , good luck

at 72 I stay home and help the wife we have the family coming for the bird and also a early xmas day as we travel a week prior to xmas down to Myrtle beach SC.

I hope all have a great day with family and friends and if you are hunting  ( it 9 degree here ) with light snow, that a big bucks walks into your sight today.

if you are traveling take the extra time and do not speed the roads are ice covered in some areas.. get there safe and god bless all .

if you are a service person thank you again for your service and have a great day. I was in Jan 1960 to Nov 1963 USAF, and sure did miss my Mom cooking but they do a great job at the mess hall as well.

• Like 1