Hill Country Bucks

PostedBoys Gallego

As much as I love the video, and the theories and tips, man its not really applying much around my hill country. One clue as to why is the number of deer in Wisconsin where they filmed it. One scene shows a farm field with 6-7 big bucks ( and thats just bucks, others show 30+ doe) running into the woods. I showed my dad the video who has hunted the same Catskill Hills for 30+ years. He wanted me to throw that video in the fireplace lol. Back to hill country tomorrow. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 2

I just bought the same vidoe.It has a ton of good info but I will agree their tactics are really extreme!! I do agree with you that the bucks they have are not in the same relm as to the deer we hunt,but the DVD still has a ton of great info.I am buying the farm country bucks and the marsh country bucks dvd because they are trying to help us get more deer,not sell us on camo or any other crap that every other DVD does that I have seen

Guys- the deer density doesn't matter. How bucks use the terrain, how thermals work, where bucks bed because of wind direction, etc. are all big time take home messages. Extreme, yes. Does it work, yes.

Excellent point!  IF you seek knowledge what better place than one that is filled with deer.  This broad range of a larger herd will result in more information which is what I believe we are all looking for when purchasing a DVD or book.

I second the Benoit books and or DVD's IF you are looking to track these guys are experts. 

Purchased the Deer and Deer Hunting DVD's season 1-8 worth every penny IMO.  But I think Mr.Alsheimer is the deer guru!

If one thing in a DVD or book helps me gain more knowledge I feel it was worth it. 

I ordered this video Monday. I am looking forward to receiving it after reading several good reviews. I find that I can always learn something from books and videos, even if I have to tweak it a bit to work for me.

Another good series of books and vodeos is done by Hal Blood if anyone is looking at the Benoit style. Google Hal Blood big woods hunting to find his site.

All of these videos listed offer some tips that you can blend together into your own style. The Benoit stuff I can really only use up in the ADKS but some of the pointers I learned from Hill Country Bucks can be used when tracking- especially the bedding stuff and the thermal tunnel idea.

Not every tactic is applicable to your hunting area.

To me- if you aren't learning anything from these DVDs you then maybe you should put out your own...

The BBO videos are the best instructional videos hands down....as stated it is a compilation of instruction and observation that kills deer...The Nextbuk Farm country is okay, as is Eberharts.... The Benoit and Hal Blood ones didn't do near as much for me....but then again I hunt flat more than hills...their books were good though

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the marsh video last night. Have to say again I was impressed. These guys know their stuff and are successful because of it. I am going to join their forum and hopefully pick up so more info.

The guys split up. There is the huntingbeast forum and I'm not sure if the other guys have a forum or not.

• 2 weeks later...