Loosing my mojo

BUCKANDAQUARTER

Went out this AM and just felt like it was a chore hiking the mountain. My back was tighter than a banjo string and my damn groin muscle pull is giving me heck. Also, the hunting pressure in the promising spot surpassed rediculous the last few outings. I did spook a buck yesterday but I am sure he vacated th area where I saw him.  I am trying to pull myself out this funk for the rest of the season. Just wondering if anyone else is petering out and needs a pep-talk! Heading out now for the afternoon hunt. Good luck folks!

dont feel bad i finally had a shot on a large doe yesterday and missed not once...... but twice. no i was not rushed and the doe was standing still at about 40 yards and i still missed. it took me all of 5 seconds to realize that it was not the guns fault but mine.

in hindsite......... i will still be out today along with next weekend to try and correct the situation that i am in(un filled tags). best of luck to ya.

I was feeling the same way. Until last week when i finally saw a deer in the woods. 6 doe came in, 5 left. It kinda gave me that spark back. It was a chore walking into the swamp and the thick stuff, but it was nice dragging fresh venison back out. Im trying for the trifecta this year, got a 9pt with bow,120# doe with slug gun, now gonna try the front stuffer to complete the mission! Gotta keep at em!

Thanks or the responses. I am starting to feel the "oh no! it's almost over!" feeling too! It really frustrated me when i was dialing in on one last week and then 6 other guys showed up. I was seeing 3 to 5 doe every evening. Then eveyone hunting the land started parking where I park and followed me in (starting Thanksgiving). That spot is beyond burned out now so I have been resorting to other land that hasn't had much sign.  But when I did get out in the AM I saw a raptor swoop down at a squirrel about 30 feet from me! Spooked a deer on the way out about 50 yards from my car tonight.

Batting zero myself. I have seen deer and have  blown chances. Thanksgiving morning I passed on a big, long bodied doe, at about 30 yards. It was about 730AM, cold and snowy. I figured it was early and that they must be moving so I waited for horns….. Nada...

Thats hunting…...

A massage would be awesome!!!! I thinkI will have my boys walk on my back, Lord knows the battle axe won't give me a massage... I loaded up with advil and it definately helped.

LOL! you're not alone.. the years have caught up to me. Broken leg, broken foot, broken fingers dislocated shoulder, reconstructed knee. Sometimes it tends to haunt me in the stand.  I get home from hunting and don't want to move off the couch. Plus my "battle axe" won't even toss me an Advil from the next room. What ever.  Im still going.. And she can hang her own Damn X-mas lights!!!! 

• Like 1

Tomorrow is opening day of rifle season in PA...

A whole bunch of deer who won't know it is deer season until the shots begin tomorrow morning...

It's GREAT living just a few miles from the border..

Nothing like getting TWO opening days every deer season..

I have two doe tags and a buck tag and a good spot where I see deer every opening day...

Life is GOOD ....<<sigh>>....

Went out this AM and just felt like it was a chore hiking the mountain. My back was tighter than a banjo string and my damn groin muscle pull is giving me heck. Also, the hunting pressure in the promising spot surpassed rediculous the last few outings. I did spook a buck yesterday but I am sure he vacated th area where I saw him. I am trying to pull myself out this funk for the rest of the season. Just wondering if anyone else is petering out and needs a pep-talk! Heading out now for the afternoon hunt. Good luck folks!

Yup last three times I planned to get out. The alarm went off a 4am and I turned it off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Its funny, this weekend i was finally ready to start shooting does. Ive passed up hundreds of does, 20 in one day on Thursday. This weekend i spent 9 hours in the woods, 2 mornings and one afternoon in the same spot i watched the 20 doe. Zero deer.....its bad enough im crutching into the woods because of a bruised knee bone( on crutches till January) , but its like as soon as i want to shoot them, they all disappeared. To make it worse.....heading down the dirt road, headed home, on the neighbors property there was an absolute beautiful wide 8 point with 9 doe and a 4 point. They were hanging out on the side of the road not 500 yards from where i was sitting. 

Never give up. It's worth the wait.

Didn't get one last year. Went to hunt a new property this year. Saw a couple of does. No shots with the bow.

Yesterday a nice 7 pointer came by at 7:30am. Knocked down with shotgun and off to the butcher!

Best buck for me so far. Highlight of my year!

It is a special person who gets up way before dawn to sit in a tree below freezing and keep coming back for more without even seeing a deer.

You have to be in the woods if you are going to succeed.

My neighbor always say to me "enjoy it while you can!"

Good luck!

• Like 2

I have hunted hard this year, as I do every year. I admit I have turned off the alarm more than once due to the wind and rain. The day I got my 8 with my bow my back was killing me at home. I was laying flat on the floor contemplating whether or not to go. I am glad I did. I missed a coyote on steroids and then got my buck. Tonight I saw 6 deer within a mile of where I hunt on the drive home. And they were running scared! Absolutely booking it as soon as the headlights hit them. Sometimes I am blind to it but when i think of it I can always justify going out. This morning I saw that falcon swoop down at a squirrel, that alone was worth the trip. Another time I saw the most beautiful fat red fox I have ever seen. It's things like that that get me out there when I feel like I am most likely not going to see a buck... it's just tough when you know the deer are hunkered down.

Call me that and I wouldn't touch you either! Lol

Charming aren't I?! She called me "hopeless" tonight when I forgot to drain the grease out of the venison burger. That door swings both ways!! Also when she is in pain and needs a massage guess who offers right off the get go? ME! Granted I may have a hidden agenda...