fox with .308

Question:   Why shoot a fox??   Are you going to eat it??  Please remember that foxes are great "mousers"; The mice that they kill will destroy fruit trees...carry the dreaded deer tick...and God knows what else.  So, do not be in a hurry to shoot a fox...with a .308, or anything else.

Question:   Why shoot a fox??   Are you going to eat it??  Please remember that foxes are great "mousers"; The mice that they kill will destroy fruit trees...carry the dreaded deer tick...and God knows what else.  So, do not be in a hurry to shoot a fox...with a .308, or anything else.

Because he feels like it. I'll answer for him.

Maybe you are on the wrong forum. Maybe try knitting.

first off its legal for him to take a fox,will shooting one with his 308 give him a nice pelt/mount???More than likely no,but he paid for his license and he can do what he wants.Let him be.We all like to hunt and we all do things a touch different,just because a guy is doing something you wouldn't do then it doesn't make him wrong and you right.Also fox kill the hell out of turkeys while they are eggs,and also are big time killers of cats and small dogs.they do there damage and like all the animals we hunt their #'s need to be kept in check

Edited by MACHINIST
  • Like 4

Fox are predators. They do kill to eat, but so do many other animals. I hunt fox for the pelts and that's my prerogative.I don't take huge amounts. Many trappers take dozens every season and yet the population stays sufficient. Like I mentioned earlier, they will recover naturally. I don't think taking a few fox is gonna cause great turmoil in nature. Let the hawks have some mice too! LOL

Hmmm......Anyone know a screen printer who could produce a "I Am A Fox Killer" T-shirt?  It would sell well on here.  Actually, anything that has to do with killing would sell well on here.  This "Hunting Forum" does much to advance the arguments of the anti-hunting crowd.  You go, guys!!!

Hmmm......Anyone know a screen printer who could produce a "I Am A Fox Killer" T-shirt? It would sell well on here. Actually, anything that has to do with killing would sell well on here. This "Hunting Forum" does much to advance the arguments of the anti-hunting crowd. You go, guys!!!

I dont get it? What's wrong with hunting fox? Any schmuck can go out and shoot a deer. A fox is much tougher to hunt than a deer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

In my neighborhood the are on the same list a Yotes. Most of my neighbors have or had chicken killed by Fox one of them lost 15 chickens last year.And another almost the same amount.For these people that is part of there income taken away.They are very crafety and find ways to get into the fencened in areas an coups. 

pistolp71, you are an a........(fill in the blanks!)

Not normally, but you bring out the best in people. Just sick of your ridiculous posts that you constantly make. Maybe he wants a nice mount, he shouldn't have to explain it to you.

I wasn't going to, but now I think I'll go kill a fox tonight.

• Like 2