Who’s ready?

boo711

Just had the bow out for one last time. Got the hunting closed washed yesterday and they are outside for the next couple of days. Just need to get a couple things organized between the small pack I’ll use for a coupe ladder stands I’ve got and some stuff I’ll need for my climber. Looking forward to getting out this weekend. Who’s ready for opening day??  Anybody 100% ready??

• Like 2

They just pushed my kids football game Saturday back to 2:30...guess Sunday am will be my first sit. Other boy has a regatta at 3:00 in Hartford, CT-I wonder if Uncle Biz and aunt Marion will be there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60 miles away? No. I think Sunday AM for me too in NY (3N)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ill be up in the Catskills Saturday.   How bout you?  Family property?

I moved to CT. A few public spots here and lottery water owned properties. But I’ll still hunt NY- Putnam county on dad’s land and public land in Putnam and Westchester. I lost my private Westchester spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Just checked the weather ene wind,  58 for a high so down in that swamp I’m going shouldn’t get much above 50 for the high.  Can’t wait not to often we get this type of weather for the opener. 

ENE wind should be perfect for the point I want to hunt in the morning...

I have not scouted it this year but historically bucks like it. There are a few oak trees and lots of young beech for cover and some hemlock mixed in too. I hope to find out if there is a resident buck there thus year. I saw a decent one 1/2 mile from there crossing the road two days ago.

So I guess I am ready,lol. Sharpened my broadheads,packed my gear and just generally excited!!

Edited by BowmanMike
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Belo said:

friendly psa. don't stop practicing and shooting when the season starts!

Always shoot a FP, before I get down as well as shoot at home . Used to “ stump shoot “ on the walk out but not using a judo point, I lost arrows every year .