Nothing beats a real tree

burmjohn

Yeah, in a few days, I will be going down in the basement, pulling the sheet off the tree and bringing it upstairs .... lights and all. Just have to put the ornaments on and some icicles and she's ready to go (just a few minutes).

Many years ago, wife got tired of sweeping up needles. No problem with that anymore. We have so much crap on that tree that you would never know whether it was real or not without walking up to it and poking around

• Like 2

I would like to do another real one but it was a PIA and my wife ain't going for it..............................

Did I ever mention the time it fell over Xmas eve? Oh crappppppppp!

Fresh cut real ones are so easy and no mess. 3rd year in a row cutting them down right in Monticello. Zero needles for 5+ weeks.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

I like the real ones too. The wife and i get one every year.

My grandfather passed away 2 years ago. He was 94. He had the same fake tree that he bought in the 70's. After X-mas he would have me or my brother/ cousins carry it to the attic with the lights and ornaments attached. The next year we would carry it down stairs and he would just plug it in. When we talked about the real trees we bought, and what we paid for them every year, he would always call us "idiots" LOL!!!

• Like 1

Yeah, in a few days, I will be going down in the basement, pulling the sheet off the tree and bringing it upstairs .... lights and all. Just have to put the ornaments on and some icicles and she's ready to go (just a few minutes).

Many years ago, wife got tired of sweeping up needles. No problem with that anymore. We have so much crap on that tree that you would never know whether it was real or not without walking up to it and poking around

Same here , ours is in the attic in a box !

I shot some Varmints for a Tree Farmer a few years ago . His wife said how much do you charge and I told her nothing . She said ," we''ll have to fix that . When the season gets here , you will have a free tree " . Got a Fraser Fir . It replaced our old "JB Hunter" artificial tree and we have been buying a real tree since then . Paid $40 for a pre-cut  Fraser Fir tree at Wilberts in Webster . They were $30 if you cut your own . It was worth the extra $10 not to have to wander around and lay on the ground to cut one down ! 

• Like 1

I refuse to murder a perfectly good tree to stick it in my house.  (j/K)  But when I am here alone and will go to my daughters for the holiday, so I put up the artificial at the insistance of my daughter

Edited by bubba

When I read the title the first thing that popped into my head was Realtree the camo company! LOL.

We've put up a real tree for the last 12 years since we found out my son was allergic to fake ones (dust mites etc - go figure). All our trees have been between 6-8 footers except our first year in our house 21 yrs ago I brought home a 14 footer which fit nicely in our living room with 16 foot ceilings. This year the wife is trying to convince me and the kids to get a table top tree since we are going away for a week after Christmas. We put our feet down and said no. So there....