Record broken in kansas

phantom

8 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

This was on my Google feed today. https://www.fieldandstream.com/hunting/walking-state-record-alabama-whitetail-buck/?amp

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I like how the guy who filmed it is keeping the location “ secret “ . Only gives his name , and that he was playing in a golf fundraiser on Thursday , and that the closet game farm is 20-30 miles away . 

Timberline golf course Calera AL. He names the town on FB, that’s the only course with a Calera address. 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mowin said:

Good lord... 

I'm sure it's legit, but expect to hear some negative rumors about the kill causing some doubts. 

You would think after so many got caught they would do a better job of checking most be legit if its not the truth will come out sooner or later . 

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

You would think after so many got caught they would do a better job of checking most be legit if its not the truth will come out sooner or later . 

Problem is, people think they are smarter than everyone else and keep trying. The money from endorsements, magazine articles, ECT  fules that fire. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Problem is, people think they are smarter than everyone else and keep trying. The money from endorsements, magazine articles, ECT  fules that fire. 

that's why i like that Huff guy that just broke the US record. He was like here's a pin where I killed it, called the game wardens to check the gut pile and everyone. Everyone was like dude, don't burn your spot and he was like F it, what's the chances there's another US record roaming around, I don't have shit to hide. Made a bunch of money selling the rack too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

that's why i like that Huff guy that just broke the US record. He was like here's a pin where I killed it, called the game wardens to check the gut pile and everyone. Everyone was like dude, don't burn your spot and he was like F it, what's the chances there's another US record roaming around, I don't have shit to hide. Made a bunch of money selling the rack too.

I would definitely get the GW engaged in that type of scenario but I wouldn't burn the spot. Once the GW validates it - no other crap can really be taken seriously. GWs will in large respect the privacy too, I think.

2 minutes ago, phade said:

I would definitely get the GW engaged in that type of scenario but I wouldn't burn the spot. Once the GW validates it - no other crap can really be taken seriously. GWs will in large respect the privacy too, I think.

yeah me neither, but the guy was just very blue collar about it and part of me respects that. 

an interesting listen 

https://www.themeateater.com/listen/meateater/ep-338-the-biggest-buck-in-the-usa

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Belo said:

He definitely made sure there wasn't anything left to chances.  Sucks it has to be this way. 

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I guess big racks bring out the worst in people!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true, and the fame that goes with it.  

Have a buddy of mine that shot a 147" buck few yrs back.  He hasn't talked to his brother since then because he's accusing him of shooting it before legal time in the morning.  He was after the same buck but had to work that day. It's been a ugly feud between them. All do to a friggin deer. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mowin said:

Have a buddy of mine that shot a 147" buck few yrs back.  He hasn't talked to his brother since then because he's accusing him of shooting it before legal time in the morning.  He was after the same buck but had to work that day. It's been a ugly feud between them. All do to a friggin deer. 

Rule are rules obviously, but that seems quite dumb. Even if one were to propose shooting prior to legal light, in the Dante's Inferno version of hunting no-nos, that probably has to be one of the most benign, after barbed broadheads or a narrow xbow, etc. Again not justification, but that is quite the hill to die on or hold a feud over.

Not even sure how one would accuse someone of that if they were at work?

People are crazy. Treestands are nice because I generally don't have to deal with people while in them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mowin said:

Just a deer. Totally ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, phade said:

Rule are rules obviously, but that seems quite dumb. Even if one were to propose shooting prior to legal light, in the Dante's Inferno version of hunting no-nos, that probably has to be one of the most benign, after barbed broadheads or a narrow xbow, etc. Again not justification, but that is quite the hill to die on or hold a feud over.

Not even sure how one would accuse someone of that if they were at work?

People are crazy. Treestands are nice because I generally don't have to deal with people while in them.

He shot the deer on the morning hunt and his brother claimed a buddy of his heard the shot 15 minutes before legal, and never heard another shot.  I got a call from my buddy at 9:30 saying he just shot the big 10 and thinks he made a good shot.  15 minutes later I had a picture of the deer.