Bushnell Trophy cam problem

My trophy cam wont open up the setup screen. Before it stopped opening the screen, it would change the dates every sequence of pics and it wouldn't let me change any settings or anything but it was still taking pictures. I decided to leave it out another week and here I am with this problem. Have any of you had this problem before...if so is there a way to fix it or is the cam toast? I had this cam since Dec of 2010 but I didn't put it out until October 2011.

My trophy cam wont open up the setup screen. Before it stopped opening the screen, it would change the dates every sequence of pics and it wouldn't let me change any settings or anything but it was still taking pictures. I decided to leave it out another week and here I am with this problem. Have any of you had this problem before...if so is there a way to fix it or is the cam toast? I had this cam since Dec of 2010 but I didn't put it out until October 2011.

You are most likely still under warranty, call Bushnell right away and see of they'll replace it for you. They did mine when it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the screen isn't lighting up...the firmware isn't going to help. There's a bigger, separate issue going on with it.

2010 model trophy cams were a disaster.

I'd see if you can get an RA from bushnell - chances are they'll tell you, you are out of luck given the 2010 model year if it was purchased two plus years ago. Maybe you will though.

Let us know how you make out. They may offer you a discount on a new cam.

• Like 1

I use these cameras and have had the same kinds of issues but if you slide the button from OFF to SETUP and wait for the screen to turn on before you go to ON that usually works for me.  And the Date/Time issue could just be the batteries coming loose, ive had that problem before.  GL 

I use these cameras and have had the same kinds of issues but if you slide the button from OFF to SETUP and wait for the screen to turn on before you go to ON that usually works for me.  And the Date/Time issue could just be the batteries coming loose, ive had that problem before.  GL 

True - could even be a weak or faulty switch. The factory that makes them has had other cam lines with similar issues.

Mine is still going wacky, was taking pictures day and night, night pictures normal black and white, day time pictures had a pink tint,Will not hold the date and time you enter, goes back to factory set time. Did the download it did nothing.Put a second set of 8 new batteries, half of the day time pictures have color and others are with a pink tint.

could be too much sun.  I noticed mine were taking really washed out colored pictures.  I just moved them and they took better pictures.  Try not to aim them directly East or West if possible.

Mine is still going wacky, was taking pictures day and night, night pictures normal black and white, day time pictures had a pink tint,Will not hold the date and time you enter, goes back to factory set time. Did the download it did nothing.Put a second set of 8 new batteries, half of the day time pictures have color and others are with a pink tint.

It is always pointerd north,northwest or west.This is not my first trail camera.I have had them for at least 10 years, but previous ones were home brew custom ones.That just expired and the internal boards and cameras would have cost more then the Bushnell Trail Cam did.

• 3 weeks later...

Take a look at my Re Batteries Post the top group of pictures are from My Trophy cam last week 40 deg. down to minus 13 with alkaline batteries,still getting pink day time pictures though.

Pink or purple pics on a red IR cam often means the filter is stuck or sticking. Certain BTCs have the issue where the cam acts up in the cold temps. Most perform fine.

Your filter issue could be cold related. Might not be....but given the conditions, not out of the picture.

Edited by phade