Yea nor Nay?

RangerClay

Really?  I was told every driver in NY would have to get them when their registration was renewed.  I didn't know you had a choice.  I heard they charge $50 for them too, and you had to get them.

I think that was the original idea, but because of the uproar from NYers, the plan was dropped.  Why are they still issuing new plates then?  Now we will have two different types of valid plates on the road.

• 2 weeks later...

my conty clerk pattu ritchie was the one who started the uproar and got the state to drop the mandatory use. My daughter has them n her new vehicle.  I personally do not like them. However on my old 82 bike, I am thinking I will get the new one just because it will look more original as that was the design back then.  I see a conspircy here.  Ayone who opts to keep their plates they have now will probably have their plates stolen shortly after renweing their registration, so you will then have to get them, or you will be harrassed more by law enforcement if you keep the old ones.  It is nit mandtory, but in the end you will get them.  BTW, the conspiracy thing was a joke.

They look like big butterfly splatter coming at ya. Don't like 'em one bit. Retro- throwback stuff is in the past for a reason. It wore itself out.

Now if the NFL & NHL would catch on to that maybe the Bills would finally win a Super Bowl and the Sabres a cup. :)

Just humoring myself. :'(

my guess is, the plates are more visible from a distance....the white contrast may have been an issue.

What the heck do I know.

I got the registration for my ATV . I can renew ;

My present plates -------------------- $12.50  ;D

New Gold Plates with new # -----------$25.00  ::)

New Gold Plates & keep my # ----------$45.00  ???

Guess which plates I will have on my ATV ?