YES or NO?

JFB

Ok I'm bored today...

Purely preposterous but suppose I was just granted the power to set new NY deer season dates and change a few regulations (all noted below). To be able to quickly see if most people like my changes or not, please respond with either a simple YES or NO. Clearly there may be some you like and some you don't but suppose you have to say YES or NO to below compared to what it is currently. (Perhaps on a different thread someone can debate or elaborate on their reason for their vote). So here it goes: 

1) Oct 1st bow opener. YES

2) One buck per season, no matter the weapon. YES

3) Youth two day gun season starting the Sat/Sun prior to Oct 15th (one buck or one doe) NO

4) 1st gun season for 10 days starting the Saturday before Thanksgiving Maybe (Prefer after T-day)

5) A week and half off of gun season YES

6) One week second gun season YES

7) One week of ML season immediately following second gun season YES

8) Three shot capacity (plug) in gun for riffle or shot gun (similar to Ohio's slug gun) 

YES or NO? 

See Quote.

I'm not against the Ute season, although I don't believe in the rationale. I just think the timing is ill.

And, for what it is worth - many of east coast states (east of the MS river) that are the MOST GUN FRIENDLY and GUN SUPPORTING, have plug restrictions while hunting. I firmly believe it has nothing to do with "gun control" and more to do with fair chase or ethics or some other reason. I grew up hunting in VA shotgun ground where you can run dogs, shoot buckshot or slug...but you still had a 3 shell limit with a plug. Back in the day, we'd run slug, buckshot, buckshot in the smoothbores when hunting (mostly close range).

Maybe because I am familiar with it, but I have ZERO qualms about a three-shot cap and plug.

And, for what it is worth - many of east coast states (east of the MS river) that are the MOST GUN FRIENDLY and GUN SUPPORTING, have plug restrictions while hunting. I firmly believe it has nothing to do with "gun control" and more to do with fair chase or ethics or some other reason. I grew up hunting in VA shotgun ground where you can run dogs, shoot buckshot or slug...but you still had a 3 shell limit with a plug. Back in the day, we'd run slug, buckshot, buckshot in the smoothbores when hunting (mostly close range).

Maybe because I am familiar with it, but I have ZERO qualms about a three-shot cap and plug.

Plugs are impractical for many rifles.

The 3 shot plug rule for tubular mag shotguns is very common..I'm required by law to plug my shotgun for turkeys and other small game in Pa, Ontario, Maine, Virginia and other states where I have hunted.

Since I use the same guns for turkey hunting as I do for waterfowl, I just leave them plugged..No big deal either way for me.

• Like 1

No to you proposal.

But I'll counter with this...how about we reduce the number of tags handed out but lengthen hunting season.  Add 2 extra weeks of gun season and make late archery/muzzleloader 2 weeks long instead of 9 days?

I think it'll spread the crowd a little.  Instead of everyone going hunting on the same week or two, they can be more patient and wait a little later.  Also gets more participations since there will be more hunting days.  Makes hunters more selective with the reduced number of tags.

Ok I'm bored today...

Purely preposterous but suppose I was just granted the power to set new NY deer season dates and change a few regulations (all noted below). To be able to quickly see if most people like my changes or not, please respond with either a simple YES or NO. Clearly there may be some you like and some you don't but suppose you have to say YES or NO to below compared to what it is currently. (Perhaps on a different thread someone can debate or elaborate on their reason for their vote). So here it goes: 

1) Oct 1st bow opener. 

2) One buck per season, no matter the weapon. 

3) Youth two day gun season starting the Sat/Sun prior to Oct 15th (one buck or one doe) 

4) 1st gun season for 10 days starting the Saturday before Thanksgiving

5) A week and half off of gun season 

6) One week second gun season

7) One week of ML season immediately following second gun season

8) Three shot capacity (plug) in gun for riffle or shot gun (similar to Ohio's slug gun) 

YES or NO? 

NO