Time to boycott A & E

Catskill Hunter

I'll stick to my guns, and state that most white folk in this country don't know how good they have it. They are generally the first to bitch and moan when they don't get their way. I don't wish ill on any particular race, as I've often been a victim of racial violence and discrimination, but shut the F up already.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://Facebook.com/downwithwhitey

Every race will always feel that others have advantages. There's no win here. But I believe that when it comes to "bitching" it's universal. More of an American issue then a race issue. Many other cultures and countries hate us for this very reason.

What color are you, pink? Let's see now, I have been a member since July 2010 and you joined November 2012 and you already have more posts than me. In that span you've bitched about every topic under the sun DAILY, and you are calling me crotchety? You're a clown and that's pretty much it!

I'm better than you. In almost every way. Merry Christmas :bye:

So whites worked their way up, and everyone else didn't? You want to talk about uneducated? Check your punctuation, punk. You're almost as horrible as Grow when it comes to punctuation and spelling. Get past first grade, then come back and talk to me about education.

You are more than a concerned individual about a racist comment against whites. You lashed out against someone that made a comment that whites are taking some unfair treatment and turned it into a racial war, that was your agenda from the start. Then you go to attack said person on a personal level. Now you are showing your true colors in that you are dissatisfied with blacks and Latinos(yeh, that's how it's properly spelled). Your a punk, and won't last a second down in the "hood" as you'd call it. Check yourself!

http://Facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Is that what you think?  The you are a very confused person. I have worked in the Bronx off Storey Ave for over 25 years and I am doing well.

Anyways, back to the topic. As predicted, the show will not go on w/o Phil, they issued a statement alluding to that last night on the duck commander website.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out. 

Seems like blood is thicker then water in the Robertson clan.  Hope A&E didn't expect anything different from them.

They've made it without A&E and will continue to make it without them.

Seems like blood is thicker then water in the Robertson clan.  Hope A&E didn't expect anything different from them.

They've made it without A&E and will continue to make it without them.

someone else will pick them up or A&E will backtrack. They're a cash cow. I walked in dicks the other day. Their merch is everywhere, same with walmart. This is a little different then the Paula Dean situation because he was simply echoing what the bible says and did not have any hate behind it, just that he doesn't understand it.

I still stand by the fact that A&E as an employer can suspend him as his views reflect upon their brand. But I also think in this case, the Robertson's will not be the biggest losers in this. If anything, given the demo of hunters, they will sell more merch and duck calls.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight, Dave.  You think a young 10 year old loner kid who has no friends because he just moved into the neighborhood, hasn't yet learned to speak English properly, and can't relate to the other kids won't become an easy target for bullies?  Kids 10 to 15 years old don't bully other kids who are different from them?  Parents can't speak English so who are they going to report to?  Had to ask a friend to translate for them when they asked the neighbors for help.  Neighbors who just had the homogenous white neighborhood "infiltrated" by a communist Chinese right in the middle of the Cold War era where anybody from a communist country is treated much like anyone who wore a turban on 9/12/2001.  Neighbors who were probably in line for a nice little raise because they had all the leverage and now is all of a sudden out of work because an influx of Chinese immigrants just came in and is willing to do the job for much less would not hold racial resentments?  You're saying something like that would be far fetched?  Just as far fetched as a black kid getting arrested for legally buying a belt at Barneys because black kids can't possibly afford an expensive belt so he's obviously stealing...that doesn't happen either?  Oprah Winfrey who is a billionaire have a sales clerk refuse to show her a handbag and tell her to stop wasting her time showing her a handbag she can't afford?  These things don't happen?  Derogatory remarks like Asians putting cat meat in your take out, "ching chung makahaya", and we can be blind folded with dental floss...none of these things exist either?

For the record, not once did I ever complained about any of this until you instigated out of me.

Edited by Elmo

someone else will pick them up or A&E will backtrack. They're a cash cow. I walked in dicks the other day. Their merch is everywhere, same with walmart. This is a little different then the Paula Dean situation because he was simply echoing what the bible says and did not have any hate behind it, just that he doesn't understand it.

I still stand by the fact that A&E as an employer can suspend him as his views reflect upon their brand. But I also think in this case, the Robertson's will not be the biggest losers in this. If anything, given the demo of hunters, they will sell more merch and duck calls.

Don Imus ended up with a more lucrative contract after his firing.  I think the Robertson family will be alright.

So let me get this straight, Dave.  You think a young 10 year old loner kid who has no friends because he just moved into the neighborhood, hasn't yet learned to speak English properly, and can't relate to the other kids won't become an easy target for bullies?  Kids 10 to 15 years old don't bully other kids who are different from them?  Parents can't speak English so who are they going to report to?  Had to ask a friend to translate for them when they asked the neighbors for help.  Neighbors who just had the homogenous white neighborhood "infiltrated" by a communist Chinese right in the middle of the Cold War era where anybody from a communist country is treated much like anyone who wore a turban on 9/12/2001.  Neighbors who were probably in line for a nice little raise because they had all the leverage and now is all of a sudden out of work because an influx of Chinese immigrants just came in and is willing to do the job for much less would not hold racial resentments?  You're saying something like that would be far fetched?  Just as far fetched as a black kid getting arrested for legally buying a belt at Barneys because black kids can't possibly afford an expensive belt so he's obviously stealing...that doesn't happen either?  Oprah Winfrey who is a billionaire have a sales clerk refuse to show her a handbag and tell her to stop wasting her time showing her a handbag she can't afford?  These things don't happen?  Derogatory remarks like Asians putting cat meat in your take out, "ching chung makahaya", and we can be blind folded with dental floss...none of these things exist either?

For the record, not once did I ever complained about any of this until you instigated out of me.

If you want to quote history let's not be quite so selective. What you described has happened to every immigrant group coming to America in the past. (aside from the cooking cat thing I think...lol) What I will say (Generally) is in the past there was a greater desire to assimilate into the US culture. The modern approach is the US culture needs to accommodate the immigrants.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

If it's so bad here why do you stay? During world war II Japanese were put in camps. When the Europeans came here they were discriminated against and they were white. They were called Guinneys, Kiks, Dumb Polocks. When they tried to get a job there were signs Irish and Italian need not apply.  The new immigrants don't want to asssimulate into our society like those who came before them.  You picked where you live if it's that bad learn English and move to a better neighborhood. I guess the streets of NY are not lined with gold. But a good education is just as good, it gets you to a better place in life use it. Everyone growing up anywhere has their own stories and they keep it to themselves and don't look for sympathy. You are in charge of your life and that of your children so don't look to the gov't to bail you out.

If you want to quote history let's not be quite so selective. What you described has happened to every immigrant group coming to America in the past. (aside from the cooking cat thing I think...lol) What I will say (Generally) is in the past there was a greater desire to assimilate into the US culture. The modern approach is the US culture needs to accommodate the immigrants.

Isn't that the general root of most racism start?  Isn't the definition of racism disdain for a group as a whole and not the separate individuals?  Whether that disdain is towards Whites, Asians, Blacks, or Latinos?  A different group coming in and "interrupting" another groups way of life?  Even more so when that other group is so much more different than the original group.  I was selective based on my own personal experience but like I said in a previous post.  Back then it was Chinese.  Now it's the Mexicans and Middle Easterns that is the main target of public disdain.

And I think it is really fueled ad fanned to a flame by the ones that profit from that divide continuing.

When My great uncle came here from Italy he didn't get an option to "press" (dial really lol) for Italian. I am very close friends with two Vietnamese families that that we sponsored and helped to come over in the early 90's They couldn't speak a work of English. Never were on any form of Public assistance. Worked they asses off and brought two boys with them and had two girls while they were here. They own a beautiful house that they paid cash for. Own 4 rental properties. Put all 4 of their kids through college. 2 doctors, one pharmacist and an Engineer. They all learned to speak English and it was mandatory to even speak it in their home, even when company wasn't present. They lived in the City of Utica in a pretty bad section to start. They contribute, are respected and became citizens as soon as they could. That is how it is supposed to work and their attitude was the key, not the attitudes of anyone around them. Just my experience and opinion for what it's worth

• Like 1

If it's so bad here why do you stay? During world war II Japanese were put in camps. When the Europeans came here they were discriminated against and they were white. They were called Guinneys, Kiks, Dumb Polocks. When they tried to get a job there were signs Irish and Italian need not apply.  The new immigrants don't want to asssimulate into our society like those who came before them.  You picked where you live if it's that bad learn English and move to a better neighborhood. I guess the streets of NY are not lined with gold. But a good education is just as good, it gets you to a better place in life use it. Everyone growing up anywhere has their own stories and they keep it to themselves and don't look for sympathy. You are in charge of your life and that of your children so don't look to the gov't to bail you out.

I see your true character now.  So it's okay to beat down and ridicule those different from you until they become more like you.  Is that it?  Even though it took most people till probably their 2nd or 3rd grade to fully string together complex sentences in their own native tongue, these immigrants should pick up a second language over night.  You also do realize that while my parents did the right thing and moved me out of there but the bullies in that neighborhood "succeeded" in driving out the unwanted "foreigner" by use of threats and physical force and to you that's okay?  I'm also guessing you labeled me into as free loading foreigner going around collecting food stamps and sticking to my own kind, and barely speaking English simply because my parents were immigrants from China.  Just for your information, my parents never took a single hand out.  Paid over a quarter of a million dollars for my college education (no government grants).  And as you can see from this picture from this summer where my friends and I chartered a private cruise around Manhattan for a friend who's getting married and moving to Dallas that I've assimilated very nicely.  I sure as heck don't have to apologize to you that it took me 5 or 6 years to do so.  I find you calling me racist to be one of the most ignorant comments I've read on this site.

The funny thing is my brother who was born in this country, has never even set foot into the very country his parents are from (he can't even visit there or he might lose his high security clearance), serves in the army protecting some of the very people that still makes slanted eye jokes at him.  At what point will be he fully assimilated?  When his eyes starts looking like everyone else's?  He is more assimilated than some of the people who make fun of him.  Want to know the best slur he's heard?  "Go back to your own country!"  This is why places like Chinatown, Little Italy, Spanish Harlem exist.  A place where these people can walk down the street and not be made fun of.

[EDIT] PS: Just a FYI: That's me in the shorts, my wife is the pregnant one in the blue dress.  She's Hispanic.  The girl in the bottom left is one of my ex's.  She Norwegian.

post-789-0-42225100-1387568838_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

I see your true character now.  So it's okay to beat down and ridicule those different from you until they become more like you.  Is that it?  Even though it took most people till probably their 2nd or 3rd grade to fully string together complex sentences in their own native tongue, these immigrants should pick up a second language over night.  You also do realize that while my parents did the right thing and moved me out of there but the bullies in that neighborhood "succeeded" in driving out the unwanted "foreigner" by use of threats and physical force and to you that's okay?  I'm also guessing you labeled me into as free loading foreigner going around collecting food stamps and sticking to my own kind, and barely speaking English simply because my parents were immigrants from China.  Just for your information, my parents never took a single hand out.  Paid over a quarter of a million dollars for my college education (no government grants).  And as you can see from this picture from this summer where my friends and I chartered a private cruise around Manhattan for a friend who's getting married and moving to Dallas that I've assimilated very nicely.  I sure as heck don't have to apologize to you that it took me 5 or 6 years to do so.  I find you calling me racist to be one of the most ignorant comments I've read on this site.

The funny thing is my brother who was born in this country, has never even set foot into the very country his parents are from (he can't even visit there or he might lose his high security clearance), serves in the army protecting some of the very people that still makes slanted eye jokes at him.  At what point will be he fully assimilated?  When his eyes starts looking like everyone else's?  He is more assimilated than some of the people who make fun of him.  Want to know the best slur he's heard?  "Go back to your own country!"  This is why places like Chinatown, Little Italy, Spanish Harlem exist.  A place where these people can walk down the street and not be made fun of.

[EDIT] PS: Just a FYI: That's me in the shorts, my wife is the pregnant one in the blue dress.  She's Hispanic.  The girl in the bottom left is one of my ex's.  She Norwegian.

Elmo, just go back and read what you wrote about white males and that is where this whole thing started. I never said anything negative about any ethnic group or race you did. These stories about bullies, what does that have to do with anything?

Don Imus ended up with a more lucrative contract after his firing. I think the Robertson family will be alright.

I'm curious Elmo and Shawn. Do you agree with what A&E did? Do you feel they need to be knocked down a peg? That's pretty hypocritical if you do. This has nothin to do with race. There are anti and pro-gay within all races. I'm not sure why this turned to race?

For the record, I do not share his views.

Edited by Belo

I'm curious Elmo and Shawn. Do you agree with what A&E did? Do you feel they need to be knocked down a peg? That's pretty hypocritical if you do. This has nothin to do with race. There are anti and pro-gay within all races. I'm not sure why this turned to race?For the record, I do not share his views.

You're right up there with Dave, Belo. That's all I'll comment on.

http://Facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I see your true character now. So it's okay to beat down and ridicule those different from you until they become more like you. Is that it? Even though it took most people till probably their 2nd or 3rd grade to fully string together complex sentences in their own native tongue, these immigrants should pick up a second language over night. You also do realize that while my parents did the right thing and moved me out of there but the bullies in that neighborhood "succeeded" in driving out the unwanted "foreigner" by use of threats and physical force and to you that's okay? I'm also guessing you labeled me into as free loading foreigner going around collecting food stamps and sticking to my own kind, and barely speaking English simply because my parents were immigrants from China. Just for your information, my parents never took a single hand out. Paid over a quarter of a million dollars for my college education (no government grants). And as you can see from this picture from this summer where my friends and I chartered a private cruise around Manhattan for a friend who's getting married and moving to Dallas that I've assimilated very nicely. I sure as heck don't have to apologize to you that it took me 5 or 6 years to do so. I find you calling me racist to be one of the most ignorant comments I've read on this site.

The funny thing is my brother who was born in this country, has never even set foot into the very country his parents are from (he can't even visit there or he might lose his high security clearance), serves in the army protecting some of the very people that still makes slanted eye jokes at him. At what point will be he fully assimilated? When his eyes starts looking like everyone else's? He is more assimilated than some of the people who make fun of him. Want to know the best slur he's heard? "Go back to your own country!" This is why places like Chinatown, Little Italy, Spanish Harlem exist. A place where these people can walk down the street and not be made fun of.

[EDIT] PS: Just a FYI: That's me in the shorts, my wife is the pregnant one in the blue dress. She's Hispanic. The girl in the bottom left is one of my ex's. She Norwegian.

Fwiw, people are bullied for various reasons. Race is just one of them. Look at all the rich suburban white kids who have shot up schools. They were bullied too. I understand your points, but you're not going to get a shoulder to cry on from me. People are mean and will figure a way to "knock you down" for various reasons. I'm not saying it's right because it isn't but it's reality. Honestly I can't relate. I was rarely if at all bullied but I've seen it. I actually tried my best to stop it where I could because that's how I was raised. In reality a lot of the bullies turned out to be losers. Karma I guess.