Hobart visit 10/15-16

crappyice

Taking my baseball kid to visit with and hopefully lock up Hobart on 10/15-16. I am not sure of the schedule yet but I'm bringing all my bow gear (and flyishjng gear if that's an option). I'm hoping I can drop him at the school on Saturday around noon, they I can hunt or fish the pm and possibly the am and then meet with the coaches on Sunday afternoon prior to taking him home.

So one little detail...what are my options for hunting or fishing out there? While I don't expect you to give up your honeyholes, it would be greatly appreciated if you did!

And where do I need to eat while I'm in Geneva?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Taking my baseball kid to visit with and hopefully lock up Hobart on 10/15-16. I am not sure of the schedule yet but I'm bringing all my bow gear (and flyishjng gear if that's an option). I'm hoping I can drop him at the school on Saturday around noon, they I can hunt or fish the pm and possibly the am and then meet with the coaches on Sunday afternoon prior to taking him home.

So one little detail...what are my options for hunting or fishing out there? While I don't expect you to give up your honeyholes, it would be greatly appreciated if you did!

And where do I need to eat while I'm in Geneva?

Eddie OBriens is a good place to eat. Lake Drum Brewing has really good beer. Both within walking distance from campus. Make sure you get the story about the “Lady of the Lake” statue on Rt 14 just north of campus!   

• Like 1

I would be happy to get you in a stand at my place on Sunday AM.  Can't hunt Sat. PM.  My property is about an hour west of Hobart.  Might be a bit tough to get back to a meeting in the afternoon if you arrow something but your call.  If interested, PM me.

• Like 5

That school is 20 miles from my spot , you can hunt with me if you wish on Sat. Afternoon . West as well straight shot down 5/20 .

we’ll have to meet in the middle so I can blindfold you and take your phone .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 4

That school is 20 miles from my spot , you can hunt with me if you wish on Sat. Afternoon . West as well straight shot down 5/20 .
we’ll have to meet in the middle so I can blindfold you and take your phone .

Taking my phone? Blindfolded?
This is about hunting right?!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good luck with the visit. Get a scholarship or many scholarships outta these people

what I LOVE about this group is the generosity of the people. [mention=2442]moog5050[/mention]and [mention=253]Nomad[/mention]offering to hunt with/ set another guy up in their spot. 2 CLASS act gentleman right there.

Have you seen the sticker price on them?!? $81,000 hahahha!!!

28 minutes ago, crappyice said:

The cost of education is ridiculous.   $320k for 4 years.   Assume that has to be paid out of pocket and instead was invested for 30-45 years (expected age of child to 50-65yrs old), my kid retires with $2.5-4.5 million in lieu of college with a reasonable 5-6% return.  Work a trade instead.  Its not like the degree guarantees the student great income potential either.   Crazy.  And this comes from someone that spent 8 years in post high school education.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I just looked up the student loan interest rate set for 2023 . For a 30 year loan on 324,000 dollars for the 4 years at the 5 percent interest rate , its ONLY $1,783 a month for the next 30 years for that student loan ! Looks like he will be living with you for quite a while !  

The cost of education is ridiculous.   $320k for 4 years.   Assume that has to be paid out of pocket and instead was invested for 30-45 years (expected age of child to 50-65yrs old), my kid retires with $2.5-4.5 million in lieu of college with a reasonable 5-6% return.  Work a trade instead.  Its not like the degree guarantees the student great income potential either.   Crazy.  And this comes from someone that spent 8 years in post high school education.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the "market correction" from covid/online learning did not occur. At this point its the very definition of collusion and rather than address that the govt forgives loans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I just looked up the student loan interest rate set for 2023 . For a 30 year loan on 324,000 dollars for the 4 years at the 5 percent interest rate , its ONLY $1,783 a month for the next 30 years for that student loan ! Looks like he will be living with you for quite a while !  

One would have to be quite wealthy, foolish or both to pay full boat at these schools. Find the right combination of aid, merit scholarships etc. its out there

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

One would have to be quite wealthy, foolish or both to pay full boat at these schools. Find the right combination of aid, merit scholarships etc. its out there

and parents shouldn't sleep on secondary incomes. That's why I started my onlyfans account. Gives me 16 more years to put that income into a college fund for my daughter

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

14 minutes ago, BizCT said:

and parents shouldn't sleep on secondary incomes. That's why I started my onlyfans account. Gives me 16 more years to put that income into a college fund for my daughter

thats what Crappy is doing!  has to fill the freezer with Venison while hes out there to break even on the trip!  

Awesome offers for sure- very cool. 

38 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Not sure what you consider quite wealthy.  I do better than many income-wise but I don't consider myself wealthy either.  Still working and aid is not an option for me nor most of my partners.  Merit scholarships I hope will be in the cards.  Some 529 money but not enough to cover near that annual cost. 

Its simply price fixing by schools with mega endowments.  My daughter has her mind set on Harvard and might just have the grades, background and ambition to get there.  I shudder to think what the tuition will be.   I am thrilled that my son wants to go to a SUNY school.

• Like 1

The only reason people pay full boat is if their kid can't get into the school they want them to attend (think legacy) or if the school they are attending is in high demand.
Trust me, as a teacher about to have 3 in college, I can't afford 1 of the schools my 3 are looking at without scholarship, aid and loans. They also busted their asses and have a lot to offer (that's me bragging!) and picked schools with a purpose for them.

What tacks is saying is exactly right which is why I describe tuition as "sticker price" - no one pays that for a car unless they are desperate or can and don't care!