4 deer in 9 seconds

Uncle Nicky

The first one was a clean kill..Went perhaps 20 yards and piled up.

The second one needed a finisher..Sometimes that happens..They were off camera, but #3 and #4 dropped in thier tracks, according to the shooter, and from the location of the wounds on the deer, I'd believe that.

As long as it was legal where he was hunting, I see nothing wrong with the video.

• Like 10

Stopped watching video after seeing the second doe crawling / dragging hind legs. Sorry... not my style of hunting. Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk

If you shoot enough deer, sooner or later you'll need a finishing shot. I don't like when that happens, and I'd prefer not to have it recorded on film, but it's part of the game. I had it happen in PA this year...I shoulder shot a doe and she was struggling trying to get up. I hit her a bit higher than I should have and she wasn't going anywhere, but she may have lived several more minutes. I administered the coup de grace as promptly as I could.

The first one was a clean kill..Went perhaps 20 yards and piled up.

The second one needed a finisher..Sometimes that happens..They were off camera, but #3 and #4 dropped in thier tracks, according to the shooter, and from the location of the wounds on the deer, I'd believe that.

As long as it was legal where he was hunting, I see nothing wrong with the video.

Yes, as long as it was legal, I see nothing wrong here either.  I think some of the posters here have not shot too many deer to consider his shooting "sloppy".  It would be nice if they all just gently lied down and rolled over dead without a twitch, but that's not how it always happens.  Anyone who has hunted long enough realizes this.

• Like 4

Shooting 4 deer in 9 seconds does nothing for me. With that said the camp next to me is owned by guys from Maryland. They have so many deer down there and a very liberal doe harvest. They actually will not shoot any does up at the N.Y. camp because they fill the freezer back home. I guess I would rather see a hunter take these deer rather than a sharpshooter....

• Like 2

Watching the video on my phone, so can't watch the timer, but... when you post "4 deer in 9 seconds", it seemed to me the finishing shot on that doe could have come faster.

And yes, I've harvested enough game over the years to understand the need for a "finisher" shot; and have done so on several occations.

To be honest, based on the title, I expected a hunter with an AR platform. The shooter does show good skills with a shotgun.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk

Edited by JJBat150

If done within regs I got no issues...I blew the chest wide open on a yearling doe this season and she still needed a finisher.

As others have stated shooting does is the method to control population. Many hunters still refuse to do it at all so I say fill the tags when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager
  • Like 1

Good lord, I guess none of you guys have ever had to take a follow up shot on a deer before? He killed 4 deer with 5 shots, and you say its sloppy shooting, poor sportsmanship or unethical? All 4 of those deer were dead within 45 seconds of the first shot.

Some of you guys really are ridiculous. Flame a fellow hunter thats following the laws and not doing anything to make the animals suffer needlessly.

• Like 3

I think people get confused with what ethical means.  Ethics is a personal belief/feeling.  I personally wouldn't have shot all four, one would have satisfied me.  The way I see it is legal=ethical. 

I don't know the hunting rules in MD but if he had tags for them and it was legal then for him it was ethical. I have no problem with that.

Shooting 4 deer in 9 seconds does nothing for me. .

Kind of how I feel. I've never understood the hunter that brags about numbers. It's not a numbers game, especially in areas where there's overpopulation. The guy that shoots a mature buck every 2 or 3 years is more impressive to me. Heck I can do an Irish jig on my stand and a bb won't even flinch.

I find no issue with the follow up shots, I believe the issue here is that the initial shot was poor. So when you're required to do follow ups because you took a very poor initial shot it gets called out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Belo
  • Like 3

Good lord, I guess none of you guys have ever had to take a follow up shot on a deer before? He killed 4 deer with 5 shots, and you say its sloppy shooting, poor sportsmanship or unethical? All 4 of those deer were dead within 45 seconds of the first shot.

Some of you guys really are ridiculous. Flame a fellow hunter thats following the laws and not doing anything to make the animals suffer needlessly.

I received quite a bit of heat over the 8 deer I legally harvested this season...meanwhile I drag and process them all by myself.

I notice many of the haters are the type who seem to talk about hunting more than actually doing it.

• Like 3

I received quite a bit of heat over the 8 deer I legally harvested this season...meanwhile I drag and process them all by myself.

I notice many of the haters are the type who seem to talk about hunting more than actually doing it.

You wont get any crap from me. As long as its done legally, and the herd in your area can sustain it, stack em like cord wood if you want to.

Kind of how I feel. I've never understood the hunter that brags about numbers. It's not a numbers game, especially in areas where there's overpopulation. The guy that shoots a mature buck every 2 or 3 years is more impressive to me. Heck I can do an Irish jig on my stand and a bb won't even flinch.

I find no issue with the follow up shots, I believe the issue here is that the initial shot was poor. So when you're required to do follow ups because you took a very poor initial shot it gets called out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The guy that only shoots a mature buck every few years is not helping pop control at all, often to the detriment of other potential trophy bucks.

That said to each his own, but numbers of does taken in overpopulated areas is a critical stat.

If you guys would prefer red tags where bald bucks are getting dropped 24/7/365 that's your opinion, id rather see a hunter do it in season under regs.

Edited by Meat Manager