4 deer in 9 seconds

Uncle Nicky

Who was defending anything about the second video? I must have missed that part.

I will say though, shooting a deer head on with a gun is a perfectly viable shot. Hunting with a smooth bore shotgun is a perfectly viable option. Doing deer drives does not always equal unsafe shooting, or spray and pray tactics.

Pick just about any subject, and I bet I can find a youtube video of someone doing said action unsafely. Just throwing a video out there and making blanket statements based on the actions of a few is pretty silly.

This is so true, you are not there and can interpret in such the wrong way, poster beware!

This wasn't about posting "one video"... For many, (and obviously for myself), this was about how frequently shooting running deer results in very low percentage results. This video just happens to perfectly exemplify what I see very often. It's all the things I said I didn't like prior to someone else posting that video. These are not isolated cases and in fact I hear/see more five shot volleys than I do single shots. 

I get it "spray and pray" and pulling the trigger rapidly gives many of you a rush and it over shadows your regard for game. I know I'm in the minority. 

• Like 1

"I don't remember saying that it was impossible or wrong"

Are you replying to me because I have no idea if you are or not? Nevermind, I don't care anyway.

I didnt watch the second video nor do I care about it. I'm commenting on the over all theme that so many guys keep echoing here.

My comment was regarding the video. You replied to the comment without even watching the video? Do I have that right? How can you criticize what I wrote without understanding what I was writing about?

I did not mention those who felt a certain way did I. Just the ones who don't know what they are talking about, like wondering why there are no "rear sights" on a beaded barrel.

I was not wondering why there were not rear sights, it was a shock to me... And I guess I'll admit to being uninformed on the subject, that people hunt deer with what is essentially a bird barrel. Everyone I know has a scope and the last guy I knew that hunted with iron sights was my now deceased Korean War vet grandfather.

So couple piss poor shooting and hunting with the least accurate choice of firearm and I found the video very sad.

Who was defending anything about the second video? I must have missed that part.

I will say though, shooting a deer head on with a gun is a perfectly viable shot. Hunting with a smooth bore shotgun is a perfectly viable option. Doing deer drives does not always equal unsafe shooting, or spray and pray tactics.

Pick just about any subject, and I bet I can find a youtube video of someone doing said action unsafely. Just throwing a video out there and making blanket statements based on the actions of a few is pretty silly.

You play devils advocate more than anyone I've ever met. I can occasionally make a half court shot. But that doesn't make it ok for me to take that shot on every possession.

All myself and others have been trying to say over and over, is that they're low probability an ill advised because of the greater risk of wounding.

Gut shots are fatal, should I aim for the guts now on?

Edited by Belo

My comment was regarding the video. You replied to the comment without even watching the video? Do I have that right? How can you criticize what I wrote without understanding what I was writing about?

You.. Replied... To me. Not the other way around, stop trying to make everything about you. If I talk about inexperienced hunters not knowing what they are taking about and you take that to mean you then that's your problem.

You play devils advocate more than anyone I've ever met. I can occasionally make a half court shot. But that doesn't make it ok for me to take that shot on every possession. All myself and others have been trying to say over and over, is that they're low probability an ill advised because of the greater risk of wounding.Gut shots are fatal, should I aim for the guts now on?

How am i playing devils advocate? A head on shot with a gun is a totally different thing than an intentional gut shot.