4 deer in 9 seconds

Uncle Nicky

Didn't see a single clean kill.  IMHO, not Sportsmanlike at all.

I owe an apology here.  I didn't watch the video all the way through, personally I thought it was overkill to let slugs fly at four deer.  All were put down in quick fashion.  I guess we should consider this hunter to be a good shot to draw lead on all four in a short time frame.  Again, In my humble opinion, I don't feel this is Sportsmanlike.  To each his own, just don't think it's a good idea to have this available to the non hunting public.  All hunters already have an uphill battle to try and maintain what little respect we are given for our sport despite the fact we contribute to conservation, local economies and pass along a time honored tradition to family & friends to do what is right.

Is it a sport or is it just a label. Ok  I am not trying to start a war but I see it as  a way of life. A way i get to feed the family. Dont eat the mind control beef. I believe it was labeled a sport when the states started to charge you for a hunting license.

he was called a loser long before.  It reminds me of everyone who supported Obama until he really started talking then they all scattered.  If you think his wise ass comments are really holding his own, I can see where you think he is great.

Edited by bubba

he was called a loser long before.  It reminds me of everyone who supported Obama until he really started talking then they all scattered.  If you think his wise ass comments are really holding his own, I can see where you think he is great.

Yes I know he was, but he  is specifically being called a loser for responding back to people. Thats what I was commenting on.

See, you are really coming off like a complete dope at this point. When did I ever say the guy was great or that I was a fan of him or anything like that? You are calling someone a loser for making wise ass remarks, and doing the same exact thing yourself. Pot, kettle.

Define "sportsman like" for me.

Sportsman (from the Free Dictionary) - 1) a man who is active in sports 2) a person whose conduct and attitude exhibit sportsmanship

Sportsmanship (or sometimes sportspersonship) is an aspiration or ethos that a sport or activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors.

Again, it is my opinion.  Great part of America is you can decide for yourself.

So what part of him (this hunt) doesn't make the cut in that definition, In you opinion?

Fairness - No problem with this part

Was it ethical?  Majority of the posts in regards to this seem to be no.

Respect - Is this showing respect to wildlife?  Could be an area where they are looking to minimize the herd.  Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Fellowship with competitors - Would you want this gentleman in your hunting camp?

Fairness - No problem with this part

Was it ethical?  Majority of the posts in regards to this seem to be no.

Respect - Is this showing respect to wildlife?  Could be an area where they are looking to minimize the herd.  Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Fellowship with competitors - Would you want this gentleman in your hunting camp?

Fairness- ok

Ethical- Still don't see how his method or shots were unethical. Legal and resulted in quick kills.

Respect-How do you measure respect as you slam an ounce of lead through a deer at over 1,000FPS? but Ok. He had tags and quick kills. Seems more respectful than poking one with an arrow to run off 50 to 100 yards or more.

Fellowship-Yes. If I were doing drives and he couldn't make it I sure would hope some one was shooting as well as he did.

• Like 2

Fairness- ok

Ethical- Still don't see how his method or shots were unethical. Legal and resulted in quick kills.

Respect-How do you measure respect as you slam an ounce of lead through a deer at over 1,000FPS? but Ok. He had tags and quick kills. Seems more respectful than poking one with an arrow to run off 50 to 100 yards or more.

Fellowship-Yes. If I were doing drives and he couldn't make it I sure would hope some one was shooting as well as he did.

Again…opinions, good discussion.

Generally speaking, I am not one to keep shooting until nothing is left moving. The wack 'em and stack 'em philosophy just isn't my thing. But then we are talking about a different state with different population dynamics and control needs. I don't have a clue what the mindset and needs are down there. Perhaps there is a need to mow them down like rats at a dump, who knows? I will say that it is a shocking picture of action that we seldom get to take part in, and perhaps it's a picture that a lot of us would rather not be involved in. That may account for all the uproar.

• Like 2

I do think there are parts of NY that have population densities nearing those in those parts of MD. Typically the areas with limited access.

I have been involved in trying to fill DMAP's for a landowner. Nursery  and farms. Stacking them is expected. best we did was 13 in one day with 5 guys and there were still 5 DMAP's that didn't get filled. The next year is was just like we never had taken a deer off the property.

typical wny anyone disagrees they are a dope or a fool or whatever.  Your moderator title allows you to call others names and get away with it.  Then threaten to give them a time out. But it is well known than when someone does not have a point to argue they attack.

Edited by bubba

I would never have the need or want to kill four deer in one sitting, but if I did I would do it the same way.. with hopefully the same results. Pretty sure I don't have the skill to shoot four deer that quickly. Having said that... I don't get rapped up in the whole ethical shooting thing when it comes to a killing sport like deer hunting... you can't kill what you don't shoot at...killing is killing regardless of how neat you try to make it... didn't have any problem with the video or the hunter until he started posting.. still have no problem with the video, but after further review the hunter seems like kind of a D-bag... :)

• Like 2

I would never have the need or want to kill four deer in one sitting, but if I did I would do it the same way.. with hopefully the same results. Pretty sure I don't have the skill to shoot four deer that quickly. Having said that... I don't get rapped up in the whole ethical shooting thing when it comes to a killing sport like deer hunting... you can't kill what you don't shoot at...killing is killing regardless of how neat you try to make it... didn't have any problem with the video or the hunter until he started posting.. still have no problem with the video, but after further review the hunter seems like kind of a D-bag... :)

Yea, I can see how you'd think that. I kinda got rubbed the wrong way by some of these comments and turned into a dick.

As far as killing the deer, they are so overpopulated in this county that it needs to be done. The county just hired sharpshooters that killed 29 deer in Rock Creek Park (a local county park) the last two nights. They want to do it till they kill 100 deer. That's one reason I take this many does. If us hunters don't do it, this it what ends up happening.

Anyway, check out some of my bow kill vids, you'll see that I'm not as bad as I came off to be.

Yea, I can see how you'd think that. I kinda got rubbed the wrong way by some of these comments and turned into a dick.

As far as killing the deer, they are so overpopulated in this county that it needs to be done. The county just hired sharpshooters that killed 29 deer in Rock Creek Park (a local county park) the last two nights. They want to do it till they kill 100 deer. That's one reason I take this many does. If us hunters don't do it, this it what ends up happening.

Anyway, check out some of my bow kill vids, you'll see that I'm not as bad as I came off to be.

Dont you have cwd in your state?  I believe you do and have for many.many years?  Whats your thought?  Any in your area of hunting?

Dont you have cwd in your state?  I believe you do and have for many.many years?  Whats your thought?  Any in your area of hunting?

Yes, it's been found in deer in Allegany county in western Maryland. That's in the finger of Maryland that's between West VA and PA. As far as I know that's the only area of MD where it's been found.

We do have a big problem with Lyme disease carrying ticks in much of Maryland. It doesn't affect the deer but it's a terrible disease for humans. It's great to be able to deer hunt in early September but the ticks can be thick.