Pallet Blind Ideas

UpstateNomad90

I was browsing some links people like to send to me and I saw someone built a small shanty out of pallets. Well that got my brain brewing and I started wondering if anyone has ever built a blind out of pallets and knew any pro's or con's that might help me determine if this is something I will want to work on during this cold winter. I have numerous businesses with endless supplies for pallets that wouldn't cost me anything. 

Pallet blinds are freaking awesome. When I lived in Virginia, we used several of them for turkey hunting and some deer hunting. I have no idea why they are not insanely popular. They are usually cheap (pick up pallets at places that don't use or want them), easy to construct, and you incorporate native vegetation. Nobody's going to steal it, either.

Ours even had full sides and roofs.

I don't have photos of any of them. They're not hard to envision though. Many years back, one show actually had a spot on building them, pretty much the same way I was taught. It has to be online somewhere.

Not all pallets are square, but most run the same width. You essentially make a box, using the longer-sided pallets for the walls and take out the tallest pallet board before setting the roof, or you take four 2x4s cut to height, slide them down the pallet in each corner and rest/nail the roof on it. They all you do is cut vegetation and insert into the pallet for cover. Cutting the vegetation when green makes them last longer. I usually tried to find pines to cut for the roof (heck all sides if pines are actually nearby)...kept water out better and wind proofed a bit.

Thanks everyone for the info, I am thinking I need to get the sketch pad out soon and take a trip out to camp so I can determine where I can place this blind on the property  and if I need to build it in the woods or build it whole and use the wheeler to get it in.

I think this is the only reason I like winter is to keep my brain focusing on hunting and what I can do to make next season better. 

Thanks everyone for the info, I am thinking I need to get the sketch pad out soon and take a trip out to camp so I can determine where I can place this blind on the property and if I need to build it in the woods or build it whole and use the wheeler to get it in.

I think this is the only reason I like winter is to keep my brain focusing on hunting and what I can do to make next season better.

Pm me if your interested. I can give you some measurements and simple directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk