Federal Judge Rules NY Magazine Limit UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Bubba, you keep suggesting that no one other than you is fighting for our rights. Surely that is not true. Rather, it is part of your "holier than thou" act. Please....list, with specifics, all that you have done that we have not to preserve our 2nd Amendment rights. My guess is that you are a big ******** artist!

Edited by WNYBuckHunter
Inappropriate language

My observations are far from holier than thou. if people were in this fight, there would be an uproar.  Well let me see where do I start

I am the leader of a grass roots group of over 400 members and almost all are active.(northern new york freedom fighters)    we hold educational forums around our area on a regular basis.  I spent last summer attending parades through out our area again handing out literature to include pocket constitutions and educating the public about this ridiculous law.  I am a member of a grassroots leaders group.  we meet monthly in various areas across the state to help plan how to defeat this thing.  I have lobbied at the assembly twice and have hosted one rally and attended several across the state.  My group has personally gotten over 200 people registered to vote and have assisted elderly and shut ins with absentee ballots last fall and will again this fall.  I am a member of scope nysrpa and oath keepers.  I personally pay for a web site that provides education regarding this law.   Not bragging or self righteous but could you post your resume now? Oops I forgot, I have been interviewed on albany radio a few times to include with Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin who is trying to get a campaign up to run against the king. I am a close personal friend of melody Burns ex talk show hos tin Albany.  Oh yeah I personally attended our town villahe and county legistalors and spoke and got resolutions for repealing the safe act. again please list your participatio there Early

Edited by bubba

My observations are far from holier than thou. if people were in this fight, there would be an uproar.  Well let me see where do I start

I am the leader of a grass roots group of over 400 members and almost all are active.(northern new york freedom fighters)    we hold educational forums around our area on a regular basis.  I spent last summer attending parades through out our area again handing out literature to include pocket constitutions and educating the public about this ridiculous law. ....................  Oh yeah I personally attended our town villahe and county legistalors and spoke and got resolutions for repealing the safe act. again please list your participatio there Early

Why would you even give Early the time of day? He admitted he doesn't even support the NRA. Our national voice in the gun control fight. I doubt he even owns a firearm or much less hunts. I think his postings are more akin to a displaced PETA member just trying to waste our time. Don't let him mis-direct the topic with personal attacks. I won't even read his postings anymore.

I have, through a variety of education endeavors, probably enrolled more NRA members than you might suspect...(Despite my disenchantment with NRA for electing the younger, dumber Bush).  I routinely update a large collection of friends/associates or the necessity for personal action to protect our rights...keeping them abreast of 2nd Amendment challenges that they should get involved in.  I routinely correspond with my elected representatives....sharing my opinions on all things related to the 2nd Amendment, citizen's rights, hunting/shooting/sporting concerns...etc.

That said.....Bubba, I still find you to be a major turn off:  Your "preaching" does little good, despite your thinking otherwise.  You may be a legend, but.....it is only in your own mind!

so I could say you have not done much. I understand.  There is a thing called ignore.  feel free to put me on your list.  Your personal feelings about how I do things does not mean squat to me.  I know what I have done and will continue to do. I also see what you have done and will continue not to do.  Good luck now go email someone saying whatever you say in an update.

Edited by bubba

funny you calling someone else holier than h=thou.  You are the most self righteous bozo I have ever see post on a forum.  Your attacks only show your lack of participation and guilt for not doing so.  Now have a nice evening if that is possible for you. 

Information to update

Tresmond case for Jan. 16 is on hold. There will be no injunction, the following is Shooter's post on NY Firearms:

Everyone this is the news that I must announce today. The team held a special pre-trial conference with the Court in the Dywinski Leftkowitz case yesterday which was attended by all parties. This was a previously unscheduled event, and was held specifically because of the federal court decision on December 31. After the conference, the court ruled that under the doctrine of Res Judicata, all issues pending in the NYSRPA federal lawsuit will be stayed pending appeal of that case. This has occurred only because the federal case was heard before ours was, and res judicata is a legal principle that in essence holds that once a legal issue is decided by a court it cannot be challenged in a second court. There are also rules for how this applies between state and federal cases which are too complex to explain here. This means there will not be a trial on January 16, 2014 and we are all extremely disappointed. This also means the registration deadline will now pass with no injunction. I have advice about that coming in another thread shortly. I know some of you will feel the need to vent, but please keep your composure. Do not throw in the towel either, please read on, we are still taking immediate legal action.

The only issue in Dywinski that is not being challenged in the NYSRPA lawsuit is registration. However the court would not let us go forward on that issue on January 16, 2014 because the judge believes the case is not legally ripe yet since the criminal penalties do not become effective until April 15. Although we do not agree, that is her ruling. We are therefore going to wait until April 16, 2014 before seeking to bifurcate the registration issue in Dywinski and proceed to trial on that issue. We expect this to be allowed. So we expect to still go to trial on that issue relatively soon, just not on January 16. Please do not lose faith, this battle is far from over. We wish the federal lawsuit had not been filed and prosecuted the way it was, but nothing can be done about that now.

Edited by bubba

how can politics not allow that. You get a candidate to run he gets signatures ends up on a primary.  The powers to be can not stop someone form running.

Sure, that's the way it is supposed to work. In reality, only the Board of Elections can place your name on the ballot. The can, and DO, disqualify candidates.

Each year in my district, I notice that a majority of the races have only one candidate on the ballot. Democrat, Republican, Conservative, Liberal, Working Family, Green... etc. There is no way one person can hold the core beliefs of ALL those parties at the same time.

I looked into this a few years ago. Seems there was a serious challenger for a few of the races. However, the board of elections found a way to disqualify his petition. He had the signatures, he had the paperwork - they managed to find something "wrong" with it in the 11th hour and the candidate faded away.

That's Long Island politics. The BoE may be comprised of both Republicans and Democrats, but they often conspire together to keep the status quo. "If you let my brother-in-law be Parks Supervisor, I will let your cousin be deputy commissioner."

It's incest and it's rigged. Every so often there is a change in power (i.e. Gulotta to Suozzi in Nassau County) but the results are the same. Only a slightly different set of "buddies" occupy appointed government positions.

You guys all sound defeated already.  what are your solutions then. I would love to hear them. Never mind I see your solution.  I wonder where your heart is when you want all the democrats elected.

I'm not defeated, just being a realist. Look at the numbers for Skelos. I _guarantee_ there will not be a primary contender.

What do you suggest? A non-vote is a vote for Skelos. If he gets re-elected, it will walivdate his pro safe act position. Remember, Skelos not only voted for it, he enabled it to come up for vote and strong-armed all the downstate republicans to side with him. The ONLY way to get a message across is to unseat him (difficult and unlikely) or at least put such a dent in his numbers (make it a close race) that he and the downstate GOP twits take notice.

Where my heart is? Believe what you want about me. I merely point out that downstate they are all the same. From an unSafe act perspective, electing a democrat is no worse than having a pathetic rhino like Skelos in office. If Skelos loses in November it will obviously be due to the law he helped implement. I think even Carolyn McCarthy would think twice about pursuing additional gun legislation if she was the one to replace him. (Even if that wasn't the case, it is still no worse than what we have.

Bottom line, the only way to hurt Skelos is to unseat or make it a very close race. The only way to do that is to vote for his opponent. The only realistic opponent is going to be a democrat. I would have to question "where the heart is" of anyone who votes FOR Skelos after the cowardly backstab he gave everyone in this state.

I gave my solution - what's yours? You imply I am somehow a traitor for merely pointing out a viable solution. While we are standing in the rain outside Skelos' office in protest, he is warm and dry inside and on the phone with Cuomo making a deal for "unSafe II - the sequel." These putzs understand one thing - votes (the ones that count). our options are Skelos, a democrat or some third party nobody (if you can get one on the ticket) who will simply pull a Ross Perot and steal Skelos votes to allow the democrat to win anyway.

Nothing personal, but I am fed up with the corrupt downstate politics after seeing the same BS played out my entire life. With all due respect it is naiveté to believe you just "get the signatures and get on the ballot." (It can be done if they are sure you are a token candidate with no money and no chance to win.) The way you get on the ballot down here is to pay your dues and play ball.

To fight it you can't think in textbook terms. You have to play trench warfare and use guerrilla tactics.