Youth season.......

mowin

Youth season is this weekend.  Myself and my nephew will be taking his oldest, Levi, out for his first deer hunt Sat morning. Unfortunately he's got a football game Saturday afternoon. 

He's been shooting my TC encore in 7mm08, very well out to 100 yards. 

Lots of deer on the cams. He's picked out a couple nice bucks, but I warned him it's not that easy.   I'll bet money he charges his mind if a big doe walks out, lol. 

My buddy is taking his daughter out for her second youth season, and my cousin is taking a friend's son.  

Anyone else taking a youth out this weekend?  

Good luck to those heading out.  

• Like 6

Good luck.

I'll be taking my son Hunter who is 13 to gman/Greg's place on Saturday. I wish we could hunt Saturday and Sunday but he has hockey both days and he can't miss both. Hunter loves it out at Greg's and is hoping to break in my marlin 30/30 lever action.

A huge thanks to Greg for his generosity and hospitality. 

• Like 14

Taking my 14yr. Old son out for his second year of hunting. Last year he passed on several does and a spike in the morning and in the afternoon connected on a big bodied 3 pointer. This year he's determined to hold out for a bigger buck, we will see. He's been practicing with his 6.5 creedmoor.  Best of luck to all the young men/woman  and thier mentors.

• Like 2

I'll be out all weekend or however long it takes with my 12 year old daughter. It will be her first hunt ever besides sitting in a stand with me. I'm pretty stoked for it. I'm not sure what she will want to shoot but I have a feeling it will be just about anything besides a small doe or button buck. I'm hoping for a good sized doe at a minimum as I kinda want to spend the money to get a shoulder mount done of her first deer. 

• Like 11

Son and I will be hunting hard all weekend. I have seen more bucks around my house the last month that I did the entire last year. He has harvested 2 doe with his bow but no buck yet. Hopefully I can help get him some horns.

• Like 9

I'll be out all weekend or however long it takes with my 12 year old daughter. It will be her first hunt ever besides sitting in a stand with me. I'm pretty stoked for it. I'm not sure what she will want to shoot but I have a feeling it will be just about anything besides a small doe or button buck. I'm hoping for a good sized doe at a minimum as I kinda want to spend the money to get a shoulder mount done of her first deer. 
What's she shooting? Did ya ever work up a load?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I will have 5 kids this year here most on sat then it drops off as some have other commitments as well as youth phesant hunt on sat and sunday over dogs at local sportsman club.. should be a busy weekend hopefully with lot of smiles amd laughter.

• Like 10

I will have 5 kids this year here most on sat then it drops off as some have other commitments as well as youth phesant hunt on sat and sunday over dogs at local sportsman club.. should be a busy weekend hopefully with lot of smiles amd laughter.
Gman....what club runs that? Do they only open it to members kids? My oldest is only 8 but always on the lookout for stuff.....I can't keep the kid out of the woods now.....can't even imagine what he will be like when he is allowed to pull the trigger.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G-Man said:

Cant wait to see the smiling faces of the youth hunters posing with their harvest !  great thing you are doing G-Man ! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Gman....what club runs that? Do they only open it to members kids? My oldest is only 8 but always on the lookout for stuff.....I can't keep the kid out of the woods now.....can't even imagine what he will be like when he is allowed to pull the trigger.

Franklinville rod n gun  call and register  free and lunch provided.

• Like 1

Out in 8j youth gun with my 13 year old.  3 does so far and that literally may be what's here this year.  I have nothing on camera and all of the surrounding fields within miles of me the farmer took the insurance loss.  My normal routes this year are not really working.

20221008_072322.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Nephew miss a big one this morning. 

That's tuff for a new hunter. Hopefully he doesn't get discouraged and gets back out there.  Hopefully the excitement outweighs the disappointment. 

6 minutes ago, mowin said:

That's tuff for a new hunter. Hopefully he doesn't get discouraged and gets back out there.  Hopefully the excitement outweighs the disappointment. 

I talked to him on the phone. He was disappointed like anyone would be. They were on there way to get Dunkin’ when we spoke and head back out.  He’s only like 5’1 and the field they were walking along was never brush hogged so he had a hard time getting on him from the sounds of it.  I’m sure his nerves were shot never deer hunted and 10mins into hunting career and your looking at a 115”+ buck. Probably was like looking at an elk for him.  Huntings in his blood he will keep at it.  I’ll probably be taking him Monday if he doesn’t tag out before then. 

• Like 2