Youth season.......

mowin

Well 2 shots fired.at 8am.  and clean miss.. guess she was shaking pretty good.. they are headed in so will get fullstory.. Then they  are off for phesant hunt at  9...

Both kids that went for phesant got one.. 

Afternoon hunt..couple of bobcat seen and a nice doe taken..still an hour left perhaos another will score yet.75045.thumb.jpeg.7d5f95ddc5347f168eecf06212e828ac.jpeg20221008_185554.thumb.jpg.fddc696f81c75e9dd32e1c9f1b1eefa7.jpg

• Like 23

Congratulations to all the kids getting it done, and best of luck to those still waiting to pull the trigger!  I only heard a single shot yesterday morning in 8A near Albion, but it was raining most of the time and the deer didn't move for crap. Full moon and better conditions will help today. 

We hunted all day Sat, could have shot  lots of doe’s and spikes but my son wanted a 6pt or better. Yesterday we hunted the afternoon and saw one of the spikes again. Going out this afternoon for one last attempt at a buck.

• Like 2

There have been plenty of deer down by the kids this weekend. Our youth got one yesterday. A young lady hunter put down a giant and I'm sure it may end up on the DEC cover or at last in print in their regs books. Thing is a brute/tank. I didn't spend too long guessing but if I had to...170-180ish?

• Like 4

Me and my son got on a real nice 8pt. this morning, the buck had no clue we were there while he was feeding on acorns for 5 minutes or so then dipped under a standing of pines and disappeared. Unfortunately never presented a good enough shot for my boy to take, I really commend him for waiting on a good shot, feel so bad he's really bummed he didn't get a chance to shoot.

• Like 4

Huge thank you to gman.

Me and my son Hunter hunted Greg's place on Saturday we sat dark to dark we didn't see anything but enjoyed relaxing in the woods together.  Hunter wanted to hunt Sunday but after sitting all day my body wasn't up for another sit the next morning.

I promised him that I would take him back to Greg's to hunt this morning. Greg suggested a stand that we go to and it's definitely a camp favorite.  Me and Hunter seen our first deer 20 minutes after first light it was a big bodied deer but never stopped moving and Hunter couldn't get the scope on it.

20 minutes later he said here comes some deer running down the trail. One stopped about 50 yards away he aimed and squeezed off a shot. The deer took off with I'm hurt bad look.  We went back to Greg's house and all chatted for an hr to make sure it has time to expire. then me Greg and Hunter went and tracked his doe. It went less than 75 yards.IMG_20221010_091234.thumb.jpg.c67995cec7b8370fc9251b92c7e70bfa.jpg

IMG_20221010_091153.jpg

• Like 13

Just got in from tracking a bear the last three hours. Neighbors granddaughter shot it around 5:00. They thought it was a good shot. Good blood in the beginning then started to peeter out. Would keep on finding blood but much further out than last. Spent 3 hours they will go back in the am. It wash scratching a tree when she shot, probably grazed the chest is my guess. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, phade said:

There have been plenty of deer down by the kids this weekend. Our youth got one yesterday. A young lady hunter put down a giant and I'm sure it may end up on the DEC cover or at last in print in their regs books. Thing is a brute/tank. I didn't spend too long guessing but if I had to...170-180ish?

Was sent the pic too...your score estimate is right on. Giant of a buck.

1 hour ago, Red said:

Huge thank you to gman.

Me and my son Hunter hunted Greg's place on Saturday we sat dark to dark we didn't see anything but enjoyed relaxing in the woods together.  Hunter wanted to hunt Sunday but after sitting all day my body wasn't up for another sit the next morning.

I promised him that I would take him back to Greg's to hunt this morning. Greg suggested a stand that we go to and it's definitely a camp favorite.  Me and Hunter seen our first deer 20 minutes after first light it was a big bodied deer but never stopped moving and Hunter couldn't get the scope on it.

20 minutes later he said here comes some deer running down the trail. One stopped about 50 yards away he aimed and squeezed off a shot. The deer took off with I'm hurt bad look.  We went back to Greg's house and all chatted for an hr to make sure it has time to expire. then me Greg and Hunter went and tracked his doe. It went less than 75 yards.IMG_20221010_091234.thumb.jpg.c67995cec7b8370fc9251b92c7e70bfa.jpg

That smile says it all. Congrats to you both.

I need to setup a stand reservation with @G-Man for next yr for my daughter :P 

• Thanks 1