Fed Judge temporarily blocks part of the new NY Gun Law

3 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

There is a better read for what parts being challenged on Syracuse.com website.

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2022/10/key-parts-of-nys-new-gun-law-struck-down-by-federal-judge-in-syracuse.html

The above is a much better read.  Although, " The wording in his decision clarifies that while guns will remain banned from any place of worship or religious observations, individuals who are tasked with security are permitted to carry firearms." I have heard some synagogues are going to challenge this on the basis that their congregations have been targets in the past and CCP holders would be welcome.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Never going to stuff this genie back in a bottle; its too good of a campaign slogan to be tough on guns, fits the current narrative.

The timing of this would have been better in maybe a week or so though. She's not going to lose the election, but saying your tough on guns when your rushed through unconstitutional laws are rescinded doesn't hold a lot of water. Honestly the people of Rochester would probably rather hear how you're helping them with all the murders. They're not naïve enough to think your gun laws will even scratch the surface of that problem, and they are smart enough to know that your bail reform laws aren't helping. 

5 hours ago, Belo said:

The timing of this would have been better in maybe a week or so though. She's not going to lose the election, but saying your tough on guns when your rushed through unconstitutional laws are rescinded doesn't hold a lot of water. Honestly the people of Rochester would probably rather hear how you're helping them with all the murders. They're not naïve enough to think your gun laws will even scratch the surface of that problem, and they are smart enough to know that your bail reform laws aren't helping. 

I'm going to respectfully disagree with your statement I have bolded.  There is no stronger way to say you are tough on guns than to disregard your oath and pass (rush through) unconstitutional laws to fulfill your tough on guns agenda.  The anti-2A crowd LOVE this illegal and unconstitutional legal activism.

• Like 2

I'm going to respectfully disagree with your statement I have bolded.  There is no stronger way to say you are tough on guns than to disregard your oath and pass (rush through) unconstitutional laws to fulfill your tough on guns agenda.  The anti-2A crowd LOVE this illegal and unconstitutional legal activism.

Yeah fair point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be honest always been a little lax in voting, other then local Town / county  stuff,  but this year I ordered my mail in vote yesterday as i will be out of town but this may be a year every vote counts , still not sure if Zeldin has a chance but i can hope

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

She will lose the election if people get off their butts and VOTE!

I hope that is the case. I’m afraid that Zeldins stance on abortion will end up hurting him and a lot of Republicans around the country.  I know he has lost a couple handful of votes in my family between my aunts, uncles nieces and nephews. Think this could be a big roadblock for Republicans around the country. Hope I’m wrong 

1 hour ago, boo711 said:

I hope that is the case. I’m afraid that Zeldins stance on abortion will end up hurting him and a lot of Republicans around the country.  I know he has lost a couple handful of votes in my family between my aunts, uncles nieces and nephews. Think this could be a big roadblock for Republicans around the country. Hope I’m wrong 

In both parties, there are individuals that will cast their vote for a candidate based on a single issue, disregarding all other positions, even if it means being worse off everywhere else in their life.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoubleDose said:

In both parties, there are individuals that will cast their vote for a candidate based on a single issue, disregarding all other positions, even if it means being worse off everywhere else in their life.  

Yup. I completely agree.  I don’t agree with it but this issue greatly effects my wife’s side of the family. If a candidate doesn’t support abortion, or feels it should be banned under any circumstances they won’t get there vote