Governor Announces Support for Crossbows in NY

Tinlodge

Today, Governor Cuomo announced in his State of the State address, his support to legalize crossbow use for hunting purposes and to give regulatory authority for its use to the DEC.

This is a great step forward, but our work is not done. We need everyone to write the Governor and thank him for this support as well as the Speaker of the Assembly Sheldon Silver, and Senate Co-Presidents Dean Skelos and Jeff Klein. Next, you need to contact your Senator and Assemblymember and ask them to support the proposal. You can find your representative’s contact information at the following links and entering your address. Assembly Senate.

This is great news, but we are not there yet. Please take the time to contact these people. We are closer than ever before, now is the time for everyone to step up to the plate.

Below is our Press Release on this announcement. I will send out updates and keep you apprised of any new developments and as we learn more.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NEWS

For Immediate Release: January 8, 2014

Phone: 315-882-1540

Email: [email protected]

Statement from NYS Crossbow Coalition

on Governor Andrew Cuomo’s 2014 State of the State Address

(Albany, NEW YORK) The New York Crossbow Coalition today issued the following statement from Coalition’s President, Rick McDermott:

“The New York Crossbow Coalition greatly appreciates Governor Cuomo, in his State of the State address, specifically lending his support to our efforts to recognize crossbows as a legal hunting implement in New York State. New York State hunters have been arbitrarily denied the use of crossbows for too long. The Governor’s announcement today will help pave the way for the state’s sportsmen and women to legally use crossbows in New York State. Over the past few decades the number of hunters has steadily declined. With the Governor’s support, we are hopeful that the Legislature will agree to take action to reverse this trend by allowing DEC to provide additional hunting opportunities for crossbow hunters. We are also supportive of the Governor’s efforts on behalf of sportsmen and women to increase access to state lands, provide liability protections to private landowners and create a new adventure license. These actions will assist the State in properly managing the State’s deer and wildlife populations, provide new opportunities for hunters and help stimulate the state’s economy.”

To read the Governor’s 2014 State of the State address, visit the Governor’s website at http://www.governor.ny.gov/

About The New York Crossbow Coalition

The New York Crossbow Coalition is a pro hunting grassroots organization dedicated to promoting the hunter recruitment and retention opportunities provided by the crossbow. New York Crossbow Coalition advocates for the civil rights of all sportsmen and women of New York, regardless of age, sex or physical abilities, by pursuing the classification of a crossbow as a legal bow for use in any season where archery equipment is permitted, including archery only areas. A majority of our members consist of current and former bowhunters and other sportsmen and women.

• Like 2

O I think by now it is well known my feelings for the King.  However, if we do not show we are in support for this, it will fall to the wayside again.  You know NYB is going to come out against it strong as they did last time.  I am not saying to bow before the king.  I am saying contact your representatives and say you want this.  

• Like 4

Thank Cuomo and Silver?  Are you kidding me?   They both will do anything possible to take our guns and 2nd ammendment rights.  I will not thank them for anything.  There is surely some agenda behind King Cuomo's endorement of this

FUAC

Edited by gastrodoc
  • Like 4

O I think by now it is well known my feelings for the King.  However, if we do not show we are in support for this, it will fall to the wayside again.  You know NYB is going to come out against it strong as they did last time.  I am not saying to bow before the king.  I am saying contact your representatives and say you want this.  

I could not have said it any better bubba!

I agree also