Governor Announces Support for Crossbows in NY

Tinlodge

I am now getting a bit of insight into why Cuomo and his merry band of anti-gun politicos feel they can get away with such heavy-handed mis-treatment of gun owners. In such a short time span, he throws a bone to hunters, and they all come groveling back to him licking his feet like some whipped dogs. My gosh, nobody seems to have any true convictions anymore that can't be bought off with some meaningless gesture. All I can say is get used to the SAFE ACT and all such future intrusions on your 2nd Amendment rights because the gun-owning population is now showing just how shallow their convictions really go. I was hoping that the disgust and discontent might last until the election of these filthy creeps came up, and now I find people who are already crawling back with their hat-in-hand, ready to bow down and thank the author of one of the greatest gun-grabs in history for a little scrap thrown to them on the ground.

Well, thank you all for a little dose of reality.

• Like 8

I can not think that the people saying thank you to him for x-bows wouldn't stab him in the back on the safe act during the elections...if I did I'd have to dbl my BP medication...

I won't believe they are that stupid...but I suppose we'll see as time passes...I suppose all these new actions will or will not come about until much later...he'll just try to ride the media hype...

I can not think that the people saying thank you to him for x-bows wouldn't stab him in the back on the safe act during the elections...if I did I'd have to dbl my BP medication...

I won't believe they are that stupid...but I suppose we'll see as time passes...I suppose all these new actions will or will not come about until much later...he'll just try to ride the media hype...

Why thank him at all if you're gonna vote him out? I think Doc has a point. Cuomo is gonna spend this next year trying to suck up to those he pissed off so he can buy their vote. Its not gonna work on me! That douchebag will never see a vote from me.

Edited by Arrow Flinger
  • Like 1

I would think...because it hasn't passed YET......

I was Bar tending one nite  and a local old rich retch came in...he was know to give big tips if allowed certain things...I just a soon punch him  than allow it...he knew this...he made my life miserable for an hour buying house rounds on a Friday night...Then dropped a 100 spot on the bar...Well for an old guy and drunk the SOB was fast...I went to get the bill..... he leaned in and I leaned back...he got that bill before I did.... but that is all he got ...The owner....gave me the extra tip for the night...just because I didn't let him know what the finger say to the face...

So for some if the kissing isn't complete the prize can be taken away...I'm sure they are thinking that...

I do not plan to kiss his ass or thank him for anything.I contacted my senator and assembly person and voiced my desire for this to happen.  Let them kiss his ass they get paid for it.  So we get a few election year perks then throw his ass out. win win

Edited by bubba
  • Like 3

As for the effort:  Play like the politicians do;  be nice to their face and take whatever you can get. Then when the time comes, do your best to stab them in the back and take them down. 

As for voting them out:  While I agree in principle (and effort), sadly, in reality the libtards of the NYC Metro area, Albany and a couple more areas still have the votes to keep the giveaway crew in power - note the recent NYC mayoral race.

Well, either they do have the numbers (as they keep winning) or it says that "our side" is too stupid/lazy to go to the poll and vote. Either way - it doesn't bode well for folks on "our side".   But that's an entirely different discussion I suppose.

Edited by bluecoupe

As for the effort:  Play like the politicians do;  be nice to their face and take whatever you can get. Then when the time comes, do your best to stab them in the back and take them down. 

As for voting them out:  While I agree in principle (and effort), sadly, in reality the libtards of the NYC Metro area, Albany and a couple more areas still have the votes to keep the giveaway crew in power - note the recent NYC mayoral race.

No! I will not become them. I am not two-faced, and I don't even want to let them think for a moment that I am. I have just one focused goal, and it does not include making nice-nice with a demonstrated enemy of the 2nd Amendment. And that includes saying anything good to him or about him. To be just a little more frank about it, I hate his guts and will not rest easy until he and all his anti-gun buddys learn the career costs when they thumb their noses at gun owners. This is a vendetta, and I do not want him to ever think any differently. There is no purpose to sending the enemy thank-you notes and it only shows a lack of unity, and determination to be running around thanking him for anything or in any other fashion affording him any thought that we are a bunch of naïve jerks that can be walked over. It disappoints me that other gun owners do not have the same singularity of purpose and attitude.

actually if gun owners ban together we have more votes than cuomo go tin the last election.  Do not believe the nyc numbers game. 

That is absolutely correct. A determined and organized and focused minority will take out any politician they want to if they can stay dedicated to their principles and their disgust for these enemies of the 2nd Amendment. The big-city welfare staters do not all vote, and the ones that do are not singular in purpose and fragment their votes among all kinds of liberal causes. If we can act as a single dedicated voting block, I have no doubt that heads will roll. Also, if we fail to do this, all kinds of anti-gun politicians will be emboldened and will be coming out of the woodwork right at us. You can take that to the bank! Somehow we have to put the fear of God back into these people, and appeasement and thank you letters have no place in this fight. That is the message and the battle plan that I hope all of the gun advocacy and hunting organizations will be pushing.

People shouldn't underestimate the population numbers downstate.  Not everyone may vote, but there are still more than enough that do.  Every NY gun owner could vote against Cuomo and he'd still win.  Honestly gun owners could never oust him on their own, so you guys better get used to this fact.  The only way he could lose is if he pisses off a good percentage of democrats in the state for various other reasons.  So far he hasn't done that.

For the Republicans to win, they need to come up with a candidate who can re-invent and successfully implement a compassionate conservative approach to government.  If they can do that, they will get my vote.

Frankly, the opponents to Cuomo and his sidekicks can be comprised of any kind of ideologues and I don't care. For me my vote is established by that voting record for the SAFE ACT. That is my litmus test this year. I am a one issue voter this year and that issue is to punish those who voted for that act, and to send a clear and distinct message that voting for anti-gun legislation will cost you your job. We have never had such a huge opportunity to make a statement that will last for decades......if we can stay dedicated to principle. Even though there appears to be flagging concern about what was accomplished by this little fascist, I still believe (or hope) that the bitter taste in our mouths over this can be worked into a frenzy and energized into unified voting action by the NYS gun and hunting organizations. However, I caution against becoming fragmented over other issues. If that happens, we lose this election, and the battle to save future gun owner's rights. If we can knock off even 50% of the legislators that voted for that bill, the message will be huge! And if we can take down Cuomo, we will have the legislaors trembling in their shoes anytime a gun control piece of legislation is even thought about.

• Like 1

No! I will not become them. I am not two-faced, and I don't even want to let them think for a moment that I am. I have just one focused goal, and it does not include making nice-nice with a demonstrated enemy of the 2nd Amendment. And that includes saying anything good to him or about him. To be just a little more frank about it, I hate his guts and will not rest easy until he and all his anti-gun buddys learn the career costs when they thumb their noses at gun owners. This is a vendetta, and I do not want him to ever think any differently. There is no purpose to sending the enemy thank-you notes and it only shows a lack of unity, and determination to be running around thanking him for anything or in any other fashion affording him any thought that we are a bunch of naïve jerks that can be walked over. It disappoints me that other gun owners do not have the same singularity of purpose and attitude.

I certainly didn't write any thank yous but I did write my assemblywoman and NYS Senator asking them to support it.  If that's two-faced then I guess I'll live with that.  Will I vote for the Emperor for Governor or POTUS? NFW, but I didn't vote for him in the first place but not writing simply because you don't happen to like someone and they are a "demonstrated enemy of the 2nd Amendment" makes zero sense.  But again, it does NOT require any correspondence to him or his staff.  I think you're letting hate obscure the vision of potentially getting something done, be he an a-hole or not.

• Like 1

Frankly, the opponents to Cuomo and his sidekicks can be comprised of any kind of ideologues and I don't care. For me my vote is established by that voting record for the SAFE ACT. That is my litmus test this year. I am a one issue voter this year and that issue is to punish those who voted for that act, and to send a clear and distinct message that voting for anti-gun legislation will cost you your job. We have never had such a huge opportunity to make a statement that will last for decades......if we can stay dedicated to principle. Even though there appears to be flagging concern about what was accomplished by this little fascist, I still believe (or hope) that the bitter taste in our mouths over this can be worked into a frenzy and energized into unified voting action by the NYS gun and hunting organizations. However, I caution against becoming fragmented over other issues. If that happens, we lose this election, and the battle to save future gun owner's rights. If we can knock off even 50% of the legislators that voted for that bill, the message will be huge! And if we can take down Cuomo, we will have the legislaors trembling in their shoes anytime a gun control piece of legislation is even thought about.

I agree with your sentiments and goals Doc but as I said earlier, the people on our side of the coin are either too stupid and/or lazy to go to the polls and vote or we don't have the numbers. The libtards have won in NYS for a LONG time.  I can't believe, at least I hope that "our side" is not really that dumb or lazy so I have to believe that we just don't have the numbers. That said, I'll be voting right beside ya.

Edit: http://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/enrollment/county/county_nov13.pdf

voter_zpsf7431eba.jpg

Edited by bluecoupe

Apparently memories are quite short. I believe that Rockefeller and Pataki were not Democrats. There are other examples where areas that were solidly democrat voted in Republican candidates. So the mistaken idea that only democrats can win in NYS is a flawed thought. And all these defeatist attitudes may be great aid and comfort to the enemy and great encouragement for the anti-gunners, but I certainly hope that not too many gun owners are buying into it.

Look nobody is saying that it will all be a walk in the park, and nobody is guaranteeing that we can even pull it off. And we don't really even have to unseat every candidate that voted for that piece of trash law. But whining about how tough it will be and even trying to dissuade people from even trying is about as counter-productive an action as I have heard so far and certainly plays well into the hands of these anti-gun politicians who believe that their constituents have absolutely no recourse. 

You guys have known my stance on this...but with the increase in "sharpshooters" being hired to go into reduce herds and watching the sentiments of anti's agreeing with that over hunters...I say go for it...

For as I said.... and will say here again...listen carefully to every thing being said....this is something you should be concerned about...not 4 in 9....

http://video.foxnews...r-season-in-dc/

Those are sharpshooters in one very small part of the state and should in no way influence this bill, just like ARs don't fit statewide.

I do not plan to kiss his ass or thank him for anything.I contacted my senator and assembly person and voiced my desire for this to happen. Let them kiss his ass they get paid for it. So we get a few election year perks then throw his ass out. win win

This still goes as a win for him if it's passed, regardless of who you contacted. How do you not see that?