Governor Announces Support for Crossbows in NY

Tinlodge

You have no idea how much I attempt to get people off of their a**es and get out to vote and how depressing it always is to see the turnout numbers after the elections. But that's not the purpose of the thread and I apologize for hijacking it.

I'm not about to start a pro/con debate regarding crossbows either. ;-)  But I will suggest that people who support their use or support enabling people who can't physically draw a compound being able to get back into the woods during archery season to write your State Assembly and Senate representatives.

Assembly: http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/?sh=search

Senate: http://www.nysenate.gov/senators

I believe that Rockefeller and Pataki were not Democrats.  

You're right they were republicans.  Very liberal ones too.  A very conservative one would never have been elected even 40-50 years ago in this state.  

So you think if NYS votes in a middle of the road republican as governor, which is the best case scenario, they would repeal the Safe Act?  I don't think there's a chance in the world in that happening.  The only way it will ever get repealed is if the supreme court would somehow strike it down.  Come on guys, let's get realistic here.

• Like 1

This still goes as a win for him if it's passed, regardless of who you contacted. How do you not see that

I see much more than you do.  if he came out and said he supported free hunting licenses for all residents would you be against that also? I am thinking since there is nothing in this for you, then it is bad.  If there is a chance to get something that the hunting population wants why be against it?  Oh yeah nwb  I forgot.  

• Like 2

concerning your time as a waitress that confused me...

Na just your reading comprehension skills...for I stated I was bartending that night...but since you mentioned it...... when in school the family owned dinner and I did waitress there....I bet Eddie would remember the place,,...across the road... kitty corner to Lucidol...Charlie Rose originally owned the place....

Of course you do know if it's confusing and you don't like "reading the book"...you could always skip my post.....Ahh but then your brain might explode...holding in those whitty comments...wouldn't want that would we...lol

People shouldn't underestimate the population numbers downstate.  Not everyone may vote, but there are still more than enough that do.  Every NY gun owner could vote against Cuomo and he'd still win.  Honestly gun owners could never oust him on their own, so you guys better get used to this fact.  The only way he could lose is if he pisses off a good percentage of democrats in the state for various other reasons.  So far he hasn't done that.

yup.......

I am now getting a bit of insight into why Cuomo and his merry band of anti-gun politicos feel they can get away with such heavy-handed mis-treatment of gun owners. In such a short time span, he throws a bone to hunters, and they all come groveling back to him licking his feet like some whipped dogs. My gosh, nobody seems to have any true convictions anymore that can't be bought off with some meaningless gesture. All I can say is get used to the SAFE ACT and all such future intrusions on your 2nd Amendment rights because the gun-owning population is now showing just how shallow their convictions really go. I was hoping that the disgust and discontent might last until the election of these filthy creeps came up, and now I find people who are already crawling back with their hat-in-hand, ready to bow down and thank the author of one of the greatest gun-grabs in history for a little scrap thrown to them on the ground.

Well, thank you all for a little dose of reality.

It is obvious to me, or anyone that pays attention. He threw a bone (or what he perceives as one).

Complete BS, Just like the property tax baloney.. He is trying so hard to be elected again it is ridiculous. And he will be....(the scary part)

He wanst to run for the top job in the good old USA....just as bad as his father, great with a mouth of gold and no care for the people.

I have tried for over a year now to go to a dicks or bass pro store and find a box of lr 22, 308 150 gr soft point and or 303 British Enfield and had zero luck in NY and SC. 

I now have to see there madness they do not have to take the guns, there no good without bullets... by the way the crazy and or bad people will always find a way to get arms / weapons.

I have enough ammo to keep going for a few more seasons, and was able prior to all these changes to get some full metal jacket for target shooting etc. So at 72 I am ok, but for my grandson and his love for the hunting I see a end in sight.

We got to get guys like Como out of the office. By the way I am a life long Dem....

You're right they were republicans.  Very liberal ones too.  A very conservative one would never have been elected even 40-50 years ago in this state.  

So you think if NYS votes in a middle of the road republican as governor, which is the best case scenario, they would repeal the Safe Act?  I don't think there's a chance in the world in that happening.  The only way it will ever get repealed is if the supreme court would somehow strike it down.  Come on guys, let's get realistic here.

I am not talking about voting very conservative republicans (although that would be ideal ....lol), I am talking about voting out those that voted for the SAFE ACT. In fact I did go out of my way to say that ideologies are not influencing my vote at all this time around. I am all about sending a message with my vote. That's all, it's a very simple concept. If the message is put across politicians will understand how to vote on gun issues, now and in the future. And I believe that if all or even most gun owners can be dedicated to that idea, that we would form a solitary focused voting block that could put that message across loud and clear for decades to come. I am not talking about a vote that will get the SAFE ACT repealed. I am talking about an effort that will get all politicians thinking right on all gun issues and understanding the dangers of voting in anti-gun directions. Once they are convinced that anti-gun support could spell the death knell to their careers, the SAFE ACT and all future similar efforts will take care of themselves. We need a show of solidarity and a return to a position of political power. The other choice is to do nothing and live with a future of accelerating and escalating gun control.

Of course if we are going to be inundated from our own ranks with those attempting to demoralize the effort with dire predictions of certain failure, then yes perhaps it will be a vain attempt. We don't need people doing the antis work for them. The best way to ensure failure is to preach it.

• Like 1

Mid-term elections this Nov, vote out Cuomo and every other incumbent. One way or another they supported this crap on the State or Federal level and the new guy replacing them will still bring in the same pork to your district. It's the only way to send a broadband message to them.

I believe that simply voting to replace all of the legislators would be a mistake. We did have supporters in that vote. Make the vote count. Strategically target specifically those that voted for the SAFE ACT as the ones who need to go. Don't send a message that regardless of how you voted on this act, there was no right answer. Straighten their minds out on gun issues. Make them understand that there is a correct way for them to think and vote on these kinds of bills.

The majority of people in NY don't like conservative Republican ideas, they have just gone to far right over the years, almost back to 1950s ideals. I myself don't really like them either, yea I like some of their ideas but man too much of their stuff has gone way over the top and they just seem to wanna serve the top. This is one of the biggest problems we face as gun owners in this state. We are tethered to a sinking ship.

They just need to get a candidate that can  leave religion in the church ....not be "Crazy" with the gun  riights...and yes some go over the top we've all seen it ...have a lock on his zipper and no hookers in his closet...The Party needs to higher better ppl to vet candidates...I some times think they are hiring democrats....lol

• Like 1

NYC needs to be seperate from the rest of the state, it is diversely different.

A long time ago (I don't recall the year) NYC was going to try and secede from the state. Sadly, they woke up and didn't when they realized that the entire rest of the state was all for it and going out of their way to help them do it. :(

I see much more than you do. if he came out and said he supported free hunting licenses for all residents would you be against that also? I am thinking since there is nothing in this for you, then it is bad. If there is a chance to get something that the hunting population wants why be against it? Oh yeah nwb I forgot.

What is nwb? And not all hunting population want it.

And finally I would be against free licenses yes. That license money helps preserve and maintain land and enforce our rules. Not to mention that a "free" license invites a whole new breed. When you have to fork over your own money to do something, you really have to want to do it and this helps weed out the trash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk