finally success

SweetMike

After my hunting vacation last week and only seeing doe and a few small 1- 2 year old bucks. I was feeling pretty discouraged. But you cant get them from the couch... So today with the wind blowing at 20 mph i figured i  would haul a** out of work and try to hit the blind i set up on Saturday  in the field i had been scouting. I know its not really much of a story but i got out of work at 3:30 was in the blind by 4:00 by 4:20 i see 3 doe making there way into the field on the same trail i had been seeing them take. about 4:25 i see another doe bolt from the woods with this 10 point close in heel his nose to the ground. lucky for me she lead him with in 30 yards. when i pulled up my bow my stabilizer rubbed against the window flap and stopped him dead in his tracks. Bad move for him. I took the shot. It hit its mark perfect. he ran to the edge of the field about 50 yds. And started his dance of death. by 4:30 i was a proud NY hunter... Man i love this sport.....

post-766-131455368999_thumb.jpg

post-766-131455369011_thumb.jpg

thanks everyone.  i think our eyeball score was a little high. we taped it today and came up with 125 on the dot gross. 121 3/8 net. so after it drys it might just make NY big buck club. non the less its goin on my wall.. heres another pic from it hanging in the garage.

post-766-131455370671_thumb.jpg