Question ASAP

CuseHunter

Yep, I went out. First set, forgot my decoy at the car :/ but still set up the call. Was in a large hay field. Back to the west edge to woods. Call about 50 yards in front of us in the field.

Used locator calls and howl/bark and serenade coyote calls. Had about 5 call back and got real close. Eventually had one run out jn the field. Couldn't see it in the dark, until It bolted to my right. I had a bush on my right side so couldn't spotlight/shoot it.

Then about 10 minutes later hit the rabbit in distress calls. Had another yote come out into the field. We heard it bouncing. Couldn't see it though, it was right in front of us on the other side of the call from us. The field banked up to probably a 10 ft slope difference from where we were sitting so it blocked the view of the coyote.

It sucks not being able to shoot one, but it was a blast. Great to be able to call a couple in. I'll try a day time hunt and see if it's easier because of the visibility.

Yep, I went out. First set, forgot my decoy at the car :/ but still set up the call. Was in a large hay field. Back to the west edge to woods. Call about 50 yards in front of us in the field. Used locator calls and howl/bark and serenade coyote calls. Had about 5 call back and got real close. Eventually had one run out jn the field. Couldn't see it in the dark, until It bolted to my right. I had a bush on my right side so couldn't spotlight/shoot it. Then about 10 minutes later hit the rabbit in distress calls. Had another yote come out into the field. We heard it bouncing. Couldn't see it though, it was right in front of us on the other side of the call from us. The field banked up to probably a 10 ft slope difference from where we were sitting so it blocked the view of the coyote. It sucks not being able to shoot one, but it was a blast. Great to be able to call a couple in. I'll try a day time hunt and see if it's easier because of the visibility.
sounds like a good hunt. This weekend will be good if we get some fresh snow during the week