My newfie moose hunt on video

Grizz1219

Hit him perfect round one.. right behind the shoulder, exit low left lung... He was dead on his feet... 2nd roundm, I might as well thrown at him, I might have gotten closer... Third round hit him and dropped him.. He actually stood in that spot for 15 minutes.. we cut the time down on the video.. After gutting him, we cut him in half and loaded him into an Argo to get him out of the bog... The front half weighed in at over 400lbs, back half over 300... Just two of us... Yeah... Into an Argo that is just about waist high... LOL

The gun was a T/C Pro Hunter in 338 Win Mag, shooting Federal Fusion 225 grain slugs..

• Like 1

Before round 1 went off he was in that opening for 15 minutes...

both slugs went right through him.. performed perfectly..

Had him butchered there and we brought him home in coolers... Lots of coolers.. LOL

Let us know how much meat you got off of him. I can't imagine what one of his big western cousins must look like. That one looked like a brown bus parked out there....lol

Is that a lottery or an over the counter type of thing?

Congrats once again, Grizz, and thanks for sharing your video...

EXCELLENT Newfie bull !!

And how about those NEWFIES ??  Ain't they a HOOT ?? !!..

I'd love to get up there again, but I don't know if it's in the cards.. <<sigh>>...

• Like 1

Looked like he was just going to stand there soaking them up at first.  That's a big ol' critter right there!

Moose aren't all that hard to kill, but sometimes it takes them a while to REALIZE that they are dead...<<grin>>..

• Like 1

It was an amazing hunt for sure.. Thanks for all the nice comments... I specifically aimed behind the front shoulder to save the meat, he was dead on his feet, if I jhad my wits about me I would have notice he was going down before round #2 went off... His head was low and he was barely walking.. BUT, it was my first moose ever and I was not letting him get out of sight.. LOL..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...