absolute rookie new guy here

GLK

Hi folks

My name is Jay. I am interested in hunting but I am on visa here in US so still working on my hunting license in ny state.

Already learned so many great stories in this forum and hopefully I can get the opportunity to join some of your trips to learn more from you experts!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome. There is a lot of good information already here and plenty of folks willing to answer questions.   Where are you from?  I'd also recommend filling out your profile, including location data so that when you ask questions, people will know what area of the state you're in.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am currently living in Westchester County and I am interested in birds like ducks or turkey but only reason was that I only joined my father for a few trips when I was young. I am eager to learn slightly bigger games but just feel not so sure. If i am not so sure I will be patient, one thing I learned from childhood trips (memories that still left) and from hunting education courses I am taking now. To Elmo, you are absolutely right that visa stuff does not affect hunting directly but as a result, I am inexperienced in firearm handling which is quite important aspect of calling myself a hunter. (Visa holder can't own any firearms here unless having a hunting license)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the activity of hunting. I don't have much knowledge in regards to citizenship and firearm ownership. Westchester is geared towards bow hunters. Tons of opportunities there for the bow but firearms are not allowed in 90% of the areas there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am currently living in Westchester County and I am interested in birds like ducks or turkey but only reason was that I only joined my father for a few trips when I was young. I am eager to learn slightly bigger games but just feel not so sure. If i am not so sure I will be patient, one thing I learned from childhood trips (memories that still left) and from hunting education courses I am taking now. To Elmo, you are absolutely right that visa stuff does not affect hunting directly but as a result, I am inexperienced in firearm handling which is quite important aspect of calling myself a hunter. (Visa holder can't own any firearms here unless having a hunting license) Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The hunters Ed course will teach you proper firearm handling, but if you feel that you need additional training, you can hit the range and get more experience there.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems