Western Elk advice

ryanrobb52

I definitely wouldn't go somewhere with any bad reviews. Google the outfitters real name, etc. I always do as much digging as possible before booking hunts. Never been on an elk hunt, so can't help you there. Only been on mule deer / antelope combo in 2012 and October this year. What's your budget? Weapon ? Expectations ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally ready to "pull the trigger" on a western Elk & Mule Deer hunt. Looking for suggestions. I was leaning towards Boulder Creek Outfitters but some bad reviews have me re thinking that one.

Any thoughts?

I'd bail out on that guy.

I went with Mike Murphy and his son, Danny about 8 years ago and couldn't say enough good things about them.

http://www.tbarmoutfittersdurango.com/index.html

Good luck man, I don't envy the task of finding a good hunt. 

The INTERNET is your friend!!

• 2 months later...

Wow, i just realized i havent been on here in a while. I have talked with many outfitters in Idaho and a few have spots left this year. I am looking at spending $10,000 when it is all said and done. The internet is full of positive and negatives for many outfitters. I am just looking at a chance of getting a nice bull (6x6) or better would be ideal and a chance to harvest a good muley too. I will be going with rifle for the first time out and once i have success at that i will pursue taking one with the Matthews.

Thanks for the advice on a booking agent. I may explore that option as well. It seems as though i may end up waiting til next fall because it seems like many outfitters are already booked up. Anyone with openings at this point scare me a little.....