What's your favorite sound to hear in the deer woods?

Five Seasons

1 hour ago, Skillet said:

Sounds dumb, but I really like hearing chickadees in the woods. They always seem cheerful, even on the crappiest days.

Have had them land on my nocked arrow before. 

I love the rogue nuthatch mixed in a chickadee flock who's confused as he has the same coloration 

• Like 2

Few things get my heart pumping like a twig snapping, leave rustle. The snap/walk loud enough that you know it's a deer..

My heart is usually in my throat because I always have that hope it's the big one... followed pretty much every single time by the incredible deflation of seeing a spike or 4 pt pop it's head out . One day it'll be him tho

The sound I would like to hear once in my life is a bull elk bugling up close.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've never seen 2 bucks spar in the woods while hunting, so I will say the grunt of a buck pushing a doe or looking for one. Especially when you can see the baited breath coming out of their mouth/nostrils under 15 yards at eye-level.

Edited by BizCT

7 hours ago, grampy said:

An owl hooting. The owl is my spirit bird. There have been times when I'd hear an owl telling me to be ready, and I'd have a successful hunt. My grandmother was full blood native American. When I was young, she'd take me to the reservation in NC. It was there I learned about the owl being my spirit bird. And how the ones we loved, come back to greet us on the wings of the owl. There is no better sound in the woods for me.

There is a breeding ground for owls 50 yards from my house. The noise is insane almost sounds fake it's so loud. You would love it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

Crunchy of a deer,not a squirrel damnit!!!

Buck grunting

Honestly my #1 would prob be that first bird to chirp and it seems the whole woods wakes up thereafter

You ever wonder if the rest of the woods hates that first bird though? Like, oh there's steve up and ready already and it's still dark and it's nice and warm in here but that bastard has to be up and chipper making the rest of us look bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/10/2022 at 9:50 AM, Belo said:

No wrong answers, favorite sounds to hear

the pop of a good

lung arrow hit

So that's that where the loud popping sound came from, my first 2 bow deer this year both made that sound and man it was loud.

Favorite sound to hear: the crash

• Like 1