Cold! I'll say...

growalot

it's cold...stuck my head out the door to let the dog out and could feel the nostril hairs tingle....This has been one of the coldest winters I can recall...snow hasn't been bad but single to well below 0 temps...not talking wind chill...those are bad enough...seeing the winds haven't let up to much since the fall... It's calling for 4 to 8 below 0 tonight I'll be packing up the critters houses again with more straw today and giving them warm water....Ole ma nature knows when to put on the Fall feed bag for sure...Everyone be careful out there during this latest deep freeze....

The big problem is the duration of this cold snap. It's supposed to get up toward the twenties this weekend and then drop right back off again through the rest of the month.

My problem is that I plow my 1000' driveway with my ATV. Temperatures like this are tough on the fingers (and I have some very aggressive snowmobile gloves). I can keep everything else warm enough to get the job done, but those fingers get to be a real problem. I can't put it off much longer.

I would imagine those deer are burning up the calories and fat reserves like crazy trying to keep warm.

Nobody is making any predictions for February that I have heard yet. I hope it doesn't just keep on with this latest version of Global Cooling. My suggestion: everybody get out there with their aerosol cans, and start up all the filthiest internal combustion engines that you've got and lets get some global warming started. Help save the planet!

The big problem is the duration of this cold snap. It's supposed to get up toward the twenties this weekend and then drop right back off again through the rest of the month.

My problem is that I plow my 1000' driveway with my ATV. Temperatures like this are tough on the fingers (and I have some very aggressive snowmobile gloves). I can keep everything else warm enough to get the job done, but those fingers get to be a real problem. I can't put it off much longer.

I would imagine those deer are burning up the calories and fat reserves like crazy trying to keep warm.

Nobody is making any predictions for February that I have heard yet. I hope it doesn't just keep on with this latest version of Global Cooling. My suggestion: everybody get out there with their aerosol cans, and start up all the filthiest internal combustion engines that you've got and lets get some global warming started. Help save the planet!

Invest in some warmers for the handle bars. Not all that expensive to do but will make a WORLD of difference.

• Like 1

I agree, I have warmers on my snowblower handles and they do help somewhat.  Another thought may be mittens (I know, I know, I don't like 'em either but for warmth....)  with a chemical warmer tucked inside?

We missed the first cold snap thank heaven when my wife kidnapped me for my birthday and took us to Tortola.  Not gonna be so lucky this time unfortunately. :(

The Buffalo weatherman said last evening a little relief may come on Feburary first , can't wait for it to arrive. It is a lot warmer outside than two weeks a go ! We didn't like the extreme heat six months ago, but we don't like the extreme cold now. Come on spring !!!!

Invest in some warmers for the handle bars. Not all that expensive to do but will make a WORLD of difference.

Yeah, I installed some on electric start snow blowers used on atv's.  Like $45 on ebay including shipping.  Unwrap the wire out of the grip, remove the existing hand grip on the blower, wrap the wire on the handle. Hook up to the battery, turn on and let the heat make the grip install on the handlebar easily.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

-27..-31...ya forget nose hair tingle... that is nose hair freezing....Blink and your eyes stay shut weather. :fie: Just got in from packing up the critters with two bales of straw ...shoveling the mailbox...and all of the drive and turn around...dang...Came in... sat down to grab a bite to eat and drink...every muscle has thoroughly seized up! time for a very hot soak in the tub I see...have fun out there...

Oh... on the bright side...if you loose power in weather like this...you can just put all frig and freezer goodies out side...and you won't loose a thing! :D