ADK Cougars

GR HUNTER

I don't know about hundreds of them, but there was a confirmed kill when a mountain lion was hit by a car on the Meritt Pkwy outside of Greenwich CT. a couple of years ago. You can google it for the news clippings.

yep and that cougar was shown to have traveled across country, started its trip out west

I don't know about hundreds of them, but there was a confirmed kill when a mountain lion was hit by a car on the Meritt Pkwy outside of Greenwich CT. a couple of years ago. You can google it for the news clippings.

Holy S&!% never heard this story before.  Thats just insane LMFAO

• Like 2

I wonder what kind of new environmental, endangered species regulations that could be implemented in NYS if they could convince everyone that there was a breeding population of mountain lions resident here. And I suppose put another way, I wonder how many business regulations NYS industry could avoid if such a situation could be kept buried. Seems like there just might be some political and financial parts to this issue.

• 3 months later...

Sooooo. for all those interested, I have picture proof of multiple cougars in Delaware County, NY. I won't give the exact location as it is my uncle's property and I don't want people trekking out there, and I most certainly don't want anyone trying to hunt these things out of existence again before they repopulate to a desirable level... Yes...it is real...they exist in NY...and the DEC will NEVER admit they are back. Why? don't know, ask them. when my uncle told them he had trail cam proof of their presence, they refused to even look at them. they are LIARS and don't actually want any proof...now you know why there are so many sighting and no tangible proof put forth by the DEC at least. their website says they, "welcome evidence"...this is an outright lie. Anyway...for your viewing pleasure. this is an original trail cam photo from my uncle, so you won't find this anywhere else on the internet like all those other photos from Minnesota or wherever else people have been stealing pics from to start their rumors. I have no incentive to lie about this...in fact i signed on to this site specifically to share the info...people should know whats in their forests so they can at least be safe when they are hiking and hunting...stalker predators of this size are no joke. this is a real trail cam pic, in HD quality, of not one, but two mountain lions on my uncles property taken back in 2010.

ok lol...so apparantly i can't upload a .png photo? sometimes i hate computers...i will defeinitely get this photo posted soon. sucks when you can see it on your screen and the forum says you can't post it :( i'll be back shortly!

I DID IT! lol. way to go me...ok so that picture i posted is, again, in Delaware County, NY...don't believe me? i don't really care, because it's true. go and waste your time trying to find that picture somewhere else on the internet if you wish...you won't. it's not a hoax..it's 100% real and it came directly from the forest in the Southern part of the state.

I DID IT! lol. way to go me...ok so that picture i posted is, again, in Delaware County, NY...don't believe me? i don't really care, because it's true. go and waste your time trying to find that picture somewhere else on the internet if you wish...you won't. it's not a hoax..it's 100% real and it came directly from the forest in the Southern part of the state.

Not even a nice try.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2011/06/spring-trail-cam-contest-round-2

From the comment section below by the photographer:

from lshoupSD wrote 2 years 46 weeks ago

crandreww - All of my cat pictures were taken in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

• Like 6