Friggin thieves......

mowin

Client has a 07 escape hybrid that theyIMG_20221014_151619380.thumb.jpg.e5a93689c543abc0b974825eac6404f7.jpg gave me. 135k mi, leather, in very good condition. 

Went to pick it up today and when I started it, it was loud.  I instantly knew what was wrong. 

They don't come upstate very often, and it's a quiet rd. Not sure when, but some scumbag cut the catalytic converter out of it.  

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, mowin said:

They don't come upstate very often, and it's a quiet rd. Not sure when, but some scumbag cut the catalytic converter out of it.  

I would think Hudson would be a more likely source then downstate.

But back in July they arrested 8 in a ring for Columbia county, most of them in Claverack.

I should add they all had drugs, and our stellar court system released all but one on appearance tickets.

Edited by Dinsdale

41 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I would think Hudson would be a more likely source then downstate.

But back in July they arrested 8 in a ring for Columbia county, most of them in Claverack.

I should add they all had drugs, and our stellar court system released all but one on appearance tickets.

Were in old Chatham about 25 min north of Hudson, and probably 15min from claverack. We're in Columbia county, but only a few minutes from Rensselaer county.  

Edited by mowin

I guess there's two converters. One built into the manifold, impossible to get to quickly, and a secondary one before the muffler.  It's the secondary converter they removed. 

Thinking straight pipe it.  It passed inspection today without it, lol.  

One would think the thieves would have been kind enough to leave a little pipe after the flange to weld or clamp to, but noooooo. Cut just about flush with the flange.. 

1 hour ago, Overtkill said:

Wow shocked it happened there. Grew up in Bellspond and West Taghkanic area when I was young and now you hear nothing but things in Hudson never in the country. Sorry and hope they find out you did it so it doesn't happen again 

I work all over N. Dutchess, Ulster,Greene,Columbia counties. There are trashy spots all over. Contractor I used to work for had been parking his truck on a job, and someone clipped him too. No doubt seeing the truck parked on a regular basis. Closer to Craryville/Hillsdale.

(I’m doing a kitchen end of the year a few minutes from Bellspond, lots of work that area)

53 minutes ago, mowin said:

Were in old Chatham about 25 min north of Hudson, and probably 15min from claverack. We're in Columbia county, but only a few minutes from Rensselaer county.  

I work about as far north as Chatham; I’d rather work north of home then south in general.

2 hours ago, mowin said:

I guess there's two converters. One built into the manifold, impossible to get to quickly, and a secondary one before the muffler.  It's the secondary converter they removed. 

Thinking straight pipe it.  It passed inspection today without it, lol.  

One would think the thieves would have been kind enough to leave a little pipe after the flange to weld or clamp to, but noooooo. Cut just about flush with the flange.. 

Glad to hear it passed,usually doesnt!must not have a downstream 02 sensor sitting above the secondary.still blows and makes me sick

7 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

My guess would be $200+ from what I've seen on news....scumbags

3 minutes ago, left field said:

$50 - $250. At the higher end it's a pretty lucrative night's work.

That's more than I thought! No wonder the scumbags are out in force ripping off hard working people. 

2 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

I work all over N. Dutchess, Ulster,Greene,Columbia counties. There are trashy spots all over. Contractor I used to work for had been parking his truck on a job, and someone clipped him too. No doubt seeing the truck parked on a regular basis. Closer to Craryville/Hillsdale.

(I’m doing a kitchen end of the year a few minutes from Bellspond, lots of work that area)

I work about as far north as Chatham; I’d rather work north of home then south in general.

North Chatham is only 7 min from me. Next time you're in the Chatham areas, let me know.  Maybe we could meet up sometime. 

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

North Chatham is only 7 min from me. Next time you're in the Chatham areas, let me know.  Maybe we could meet up sometime. 

We lived your way when we first moved to NY. We lived in Stuyvesant, and my wife worked at the Chatham Vet clinic. It’s beautiful down there, I really enjoyed it. We actually lived in the gate house of Sydney Poitier’s old estate. One of my first experiences in NYS was being heckled by David Cassidy while playing bags at a party my wife’s old boss was hosting. 

2 minutes ago, Splitear said:

We lived your way when we first moved to NY. We lived in Stuyvesant, and my wife worked at the Chatham Vet clinic. It’s beautiful down there, I really enjoyed it. We actually lived in the gate house of Sydney Poitier’s old estate. One of my first experiences in NYS was being heckled by David Cassidy while playing bags at a party my wife’s old boss was hosting. 

I know the area well.   I'm not sure I'd admit being heckled by David Cassidy, lol.  

I take my dogs to the Chatham vet. 

• Like 1

Just now, mowin said:

I know the area well.   I'm not sure I'd admit being heckled by David Cassidy, lol.  

I take my dogs to the Chatham vet. 

For a self professed sober guy, he was pretty well lit at that party. 

She was only there for about a year before hopping clinics. She didn’t care for the owner. From what I’ve heard, it’s changed ownership now and is better, but that’s just hearsay. They used to have a lot of change over with vets previously, my wife included.