Upstate new york should secede from NYC

• phantom changed the title to Upstate new york should secede from NYC

Hey it would be easier to  Declare upstate i new state then try and secede from the usa . What would they do send in the army because upstate wanted to be  new state lol I dont think so.  Its like you pay tax upstate but you have no say in  Presidential elections the way its setup now.

Edited by phantom

I would think that those in New York City would embrace their seceding from upstate. You would expect them to be happy to not associate with upstaters.

I say this base simply on the fact of the "cultural differneces".  Think about it, they are at odds with how upsaters think and live so why should they torture themselves?

So why are not the millions in New York City supporting seceding from New York State?

12 hours ago, Grouse said:

Because we control their water supply.

You control nothing. The DEP and the Bureau of Water Supply controls and polices that city-owned water. 

Also, 70% of just income taxes in this state come from Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. Good luck replacing that.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, left field said:

You control nothing. The DEP and the Bureau of Water Supply controls and polices that city-owned water. 

Also, 70% of just income taxes in this state come from Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. Good luck replacing that.

You make some good points, but youre forgetting something : The LAND in which the water is collected and stored is upstate; they (i.e., the agencies you cited) can police and regulate all they want to but ultimately, there would be no clean fresh water if it not for upstate NY providing it :D.

Also, the income tax figures you mention are relative , are they not? If upstate NY were to secede, the income tax base would indeed, be lost from downstate counties , but at the same time, the costs associated with the operation of NYC would also be eliminated and no longer obligatory for upstate.  That might be good!! 

36 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Touche!!

Well, if accurate, it would be the paragon of mass psychosis, wouldnt it? You see the size of that crowd ? No way any Democrat could ever attract a crowd like that, not in 3 election cycles, right ? :rofl:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

You make some good points, but youre forgetting something : The LAND in which the water is collected and stored is upstate; they (i.e., the agencies you cited) can police and regulate all they want to but ultimately, there would be no clean fresh water if it not for upstate NY providing it :D.

Also, the income tax figures you mention are relative , are they not? If upstate NY were to secede, the income tax base would indeed, be lost from downstate counties , but at the same time, the costs associated with the operation of NYC would also be eliminated and no longer obligatory for upstate.  That might be good!! 

The LAND, for the most part, around the reservoirs and the rivers is owned by NYC. The reservoir property was appropriated but the rest was sold by upstate people to NYC.  Fortunately, NYC allows people to recreate on their land. 

Let me know how that 30% works out for you.

• Like 1

Exactly. These threads always crack me up. I hate NYC more than anyone, but it was fun living there in my early 20’s with my friends. Anyway, without NYC and Westchester there is no New York. Tons of beautiful places throughout NYS, but they still need NYC/Westchester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 2

Exactly. These threads always crack me up. I hate NYC more than anyone, but it was fun living there in my early 20’s with my friends. Anyway, without NYC and Westchester there is no New York. Tons of beautiful places throughout NYS, but they still need NYC/Westchester.

Let me say that this will never ever happen. That being said....does Maine need a major city to survive? How bout the Dakota's...Etc. The money lost is also the money spent by city itself and the terrible liberal policies. Put a Republican in for upstate alone and drop the taxes, handouts and BS we are all paying for and we would get along just fine. It would open up business to come back and we could be fracking in 60 days. NYC does us no favors. Especially financial. We will sell them power just like California buys from their local states. I am willing to trade to Jersey if they like for a can of spam.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Let me say that this will never ever happen. That being said....does Maine need a major city to survive? How bout the Dakota's...Etc. The money lost is also the money spent by city itself and the terrible liberal policies. Put a Republican in for upstate alone and drop the taxes, handouts and BS we are all paying for and we would get along just fine. It would open up business to come back and we could be fracking in 60 days. NYC does us no favors. Especially financial. We will sell them power just like California buys from their local states. I am willing to trade to Jersey if they like for a can of spam.

CT doesn’t have a major City and in fantastic shape compared to Ny. Big reason why I moved. My daughter will go to literally a brand new school in kindergarten in a couple years once it’s finished being built soon.

But to think Ny will split into 2 states is laughable. Wouldn’t Illinois do it with Chicago then? California with LA & San Fran? Mass with Boston? Come on man lol.

Upstaters in NY don’t vote. That’s the problem. They can outweigh NYC but they don’t vote. Outside of my partying days in NYC for a few years, I’ve always lived in RED town. That’s all that matters to me, is town level stuff

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, left field said:

The LAND, for the most part, around the reservoirs and the rivers is owned by NYC. The reservoir property was appropriated but the rest was sold by upstate people to NYC.  Fortunately, NYC allows people to recreate on their land. 

Let me know how that 30% works out for you.

Technically, youre correct but Youre missing the point, Lefty; regardless of who owns it, its UPSTATE LAN.   only reason it was sold to NYC is so they could have clean drinking water . In comparison, China is buying up property all over the US, so technically, its Chinese soil now; does that really make it chinese though? I mean, should it be regarded as equivalent to Manchuria? I think not....

Id be inclined to take the 30% if it would rid us of the inextricable financial burden-and , of course the woke politics- associated with that cesspool known as NYC.  

CT doesn’t have a major City and in fantastic shape compared to Ny. Big reason why I moved. My daughter will go to literally a brand new school in kindergarten in a couple years once it’s finished being built soon.

But to think Ny will split into 2 states is laughable. Wouldn’t Illinois do it with Chicago then? California with LA & San Fran? Mass with Boston? Come on man lol.

Upstaters in NY don’t vote. That’s the problem. They can outweigh NYC but they don’t vote

As I said to begin. Yeah that would of course never happen. No chance. But... Upstate would be just fine if it did. But yes no chance ever.

• Like 2

Ive never heard that, are you sure? I would imagine its on a level comparable to the city denizens, no?

Say 20M in NY. 8M in NYC. So 12M outside of NYC. Of course thete are very blue counties like Erie County and whatever county Rochester and Albany are. But there’s also red voters in NYC, Long Island and Westchester