Mystery

Robhuntandfish

So ...... Went and pulled cams today. Found one on the ground face down and still on. It took pics for about a week just fine. The strap on it was no longer around the tree at all but just laying there still attached to the cam. The first pic is a pic from it while it was working of deer at an apple tree. The other pic is the last pic on 10/5

Note: I doubt it was person involved as we have never had a problem out there and that we also have another 13 cams up and all are fine. Including one about 30 yards away which had nothing on it to offer info for on 10/5.

WTH.......e2ca82457687ff3423f5848feee4e564.jpg9aa919cf55b3aafb897f797a048b38dd.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

So ...... Went and pulled cams today. Found one on the ground face down and still on. It took pics for about a week just fine. The strap on it was no longer around the tree at all but just laying there still attached to the cam. The first pic is a pic from it while it was working of deer at an apple tree. The other pic is the last pic on 10/5

Note: I doubt it was person involved as we have never had a problem out there and that we also have another 13 cams up and all are fine. Including one about 30 yards away which had nothing on it to offer info for on 10/5.

WTH.......e2ca82457687ff3423f5848feee4e564.jpg9aa919cf55b3aafb897f797a048b38dd.jpg

Looks like a possums face almost

• Like 1

Back belt bill may be on to something. I read an article that your area is a hot spot for Bigfoot or is that Bigfeet if there are more than one. I would be calling the finding Bigfoot people. I’m sure they can solve your mystery.

As for damaging a trail camera I shot a doe with my 444 the round went through the deer and through the side of my camera and exploded it all over the woods. What are the odds of that happening by accident. I didn’t even hit the tree just the camera.

• Like 1

Would one have to undo the strap to take off the tree ,if so kids my guess. 
Can't be kids. It's after dark and to get to this cam unless they went thru swamp would have walked by another cam... This is by our wayback stand which is the farthest part of the property. We have 13 other cams that are all easy to get to and all undisturbed. My buddy said he tied it to the tree and it had a weeks + worth of pics on it. Def strange. If I was thinking then would have done more CSI at the time.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:08 PM, corydd7 said:

Well I just found my favorite camera blew up in a bad way. Never had that happen. 

Screenshot_20221015-145549_Gallery.jpg

That was caused most likely by a Woodpecker . I've had the sensor and camera lens on 2 cams broken up like yours . On one of mine I did get a partial vid on the little bastid in action before he killed the lens . LOL

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

That was caused most likely by a Woodpecker . I've had the sensor and camera lens on 2 cams broken up like yours . On one of mine I did get a partial vid on the little bastid in action before he killed the lens . LOL

I lost two cameras to woodpeckers last year. I read that they probably hear the camera and think that there are bugs inside. You can order replacement IR covers but the Browning ones for my cams were on back order.

Edited by Judoka95

Typically a bear will do things like this, but to have it completely off the tree with no marks or damage. Have also had 2 owls lately mess with 2 of our cameras on 2 dif properties. Id have to say Bear or person.. We all know people will surprise ya. Even if you don't think they're there.