Age guesses?

E J

if wayne county you're in a decent area to produce good bucks compared to some others here in NY. that said genetics for big antlers can be all over the place. he's pretty stout in the front and seems like he thins out a little in the back. waist line is tucked up higher. neck connects lower in the chest but not real low like 4.5 plus. respectable set of antlers but not what I'd consider big. I'd say he's 3.5 yrs old too. depending on what people typically take in the area and what's around if you can justify passing him at 4.5 he'll likely make a pretty good jump in antler size. if you're wanting to shoot him but trying harder to find reasons not to then go get him! send the teeth into a lab for cementum annuli analysis for around $20-30 and then you'll know how old he is. you could also post good pictures of the lower jaw and I can have a few people including myself look at it. 

• Like 1

He's begging for me to go out and get him. I just haven't had time to get out yet. The other fly in the ointment is I got a pic of a buck a few nights ago that is a true giant that I have had pics of since at least 2019. But he's like a ghost. I don't think I can hold out for him though he's to smart to come out at the wrong time. Here's more of the original deer in question. 

Screenshot_20221023-184255_Tactacam Reveal.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, E J said:

He's begging for me to go out and get him. I just haven't had time to get out yet. The other fly in the ointment is I got a pic of a buck a few nights ago that is a true giant that I have had pics of since at least 2019. But he's like a ghost. I don't think I can hold out for him though he's to smart to come out at the wrong time. Here's more of the original deer in question. 

Screenshot_20221023-184255_Tactacam Reveal.jpg

that's the crux... if you shoot this one you'll likely take yourself out of the game to shoot the other one. boarder line bucks to appease myself i'll set up to kill them and possibly something else bigger. when i pass the boarder line buck i'll video it well within my wheel house. then i at least get the satisfaction of knowing i could've gotten it done. hell many times i even come to full draw or put the crosshairs on it. if you're will power breaks then so be it. you have a tag for it and well you wanted it after all. lol