Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One month from the Southern Bow opener!  26 days til Northern bow. Early bear is soon.   Today Goose and squirrel are open - anybody out?  We need some live from the woods!  Everyone, i am sure, is all ready for season by now! lol. It even feels like fall today. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

One month from the Southern Bow opener!  26 days til Northern bow. Early bear is soon.   Today Goose and squirrel are open - anybody out?  We need some live from the woods!  Everyone, i am sure, is all ready for season by now! lol. It even feels like fall today. 

9/15 opener for me. I'll be shooting the bow again today. Tomorrow I'll be scouting some public bow only land. 

• Like 2

I will be out for the first couple hours and the last couple, tomorrow and Sunday.   Sunrise tomorrow is 6:49, so I will be in the blind at 6:00 am.   I found all my gear and got everything ready.  Hopefully, the butt-out will in action by 7:00 am and the doe in the deer fridge by 8:00 am.  It looks like there is a full moon tonight, and I am not sure how that will affect early morning deer activity.  Last year, I didn't see any September morning deer action.  All that I saw (bucks and does) were in the late afternoon.  I will try to take a picture of any bucks that I see.

• Like 1

I will be out for the first couple hours and the last couple, tomorrow and Sunday.   Sunrise tomorrow is 6:49, so I will be in the blind at 6:00 am.   I found all my gear and got everything ready.  Hopefully, the butt-out will in action by 7:00 am and the doe in the deer fridge by 8:00 am.  It looks like there is a full moon tonight, and I am not sure how that will affect early morning deer activity.  Last year, I didn't see any September morning deer action.  All that I saw (bucks and does) were in the late afternoon.  I will try to take a picture of any bucks that I see.

@crappyice loves a full moon hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

I am up and eating breakfast.  Trying to decide what orange hat to wear.  The new one, that Runnings gave me when I bought my license, is super bright.  I think I am going with my old dull one.  

I wore that during all of the gun and ML seasons last last year. It didn’t seem to bother the deer, (4) of which made it into my freezer.  All (4) of those shots were from inside of 50 yards and (3) of them were closer than 20.  

• Like 1

Lookin out my back door: 

8F097324-330B-42DB-BDDE-2B7E1AEC9AC2.thumb.jpeg.a79bd78eda447fb84f57cbf2aa135ece.jpeg

I started the 50 yard walk to my blind in just a t-shirt, but there was a little nip in the air, so I went back for a light jacket.  

In the blind, I found a heavy dew on my padded bar stool and used my jacket sleeves to dry before sitting down.  I just popped the top on the Evercalm stick.  19 minutes till “go time”.

4AD3DB7D-4088-4346-BF00-59901C17C5CD.thumb.jpeg.89e274a4beb1d30ce2fd0a072bd1115f.jpeg

• Like 4