Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

42 minutes ago, Chef said:

Up and in, bumped a bachelor group on the way in. Not thrilled about it but they went in a good direction so I’ll take it

aabb5c386b292b6bdd4d3ca9698dbca6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That the same spot you skewered the one rack buck last year Chef ?  

The Blackstone is waiting ! Good Luck And Make Meat !  

That the same spot you skewered the one rack buck last year Chef ?  
 The Blackstone is waiting ! Good Luck And Make Meat !  

The exact same spot and I also missed my target buck from this spot, my buddy is about 300 yards away already passed on a doe and watched a bachelor group go by at 150 or so probably the same group we jumped on the way in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20221001_163038.thumb.jpg.1024b9e066c06360171a856fd0cecb04.jpg20221001_163007.thumb.jpg.4974936635da19a939c38fe4239537d4.jpgMorning sit was a cluster,overslept because my wife had a rough night and so did I by association. My first choice spot was out of the question and when I made it to the back up location a doe spooked when I pulled my rope up the tree to start my climb. I think she caught my scent but didn't know where I was and she just about ran me over.  She hung around at about 30 yds to try to figure me out. Just when I got an arrow knocked she finally blew out of there.

Nothing else seen but what a beautiful morning it was.

Now I am in a nice gnarly ash tree at the narrow point of a hayfield,I have seen deer here just about every evening this week driving by,I hope they keep it up. I have lots of shot opportunities here and am not picky.

• Like 5

In. Opener for state #2. Have a few ash trees about 30 yards from me that are finally to the point of falling over. Won’t be much longer til they do. They’re waving in the wind like crazy. And it’s not super windy.

BEE2AB69-3750-43EC-B64D-37133B577235.png

• Like 2

I hope I don’t piss any bow hunters off too bad checking the zero on my ML and 30/30 after supper.  If only I wouldn’t have dropped the ML on the carpet last time I cleaned it, I could skip that step.  

Hopefully, one shot each from my 50 yard bench, and I’ll be good to go.  Normally, I try to complete all sighting in prior to Labor Day.

Just had a buck “appear” 10 yards from my ground blind…was quartering to tight to attempt a shot.  It sensed something was up and bounced off.  Photo of the deer I just saw taken from another spot on the property right after my short morning hunt.   

4CDBD36F-387D-46A3-93BA-218F5281F759.jpeg

5CDB1D2A-A449-42D3-A664-CE2D3D3000B4.jpeg

• Like 4