Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Its 10/4!!!

Didnt go Sunday - just wasnt feeling it.  Have a 3 day weekend coming up off and right now im a little Meh about hunting.  Im sure i will go at least one of the days though.  Only need one deer for the freezer so thinking more into it when does and fawns split and bucks start roaming.  Just off this year i guess. 

I'll be out and prob get wet.

I was fishing Friday in a small pond north zone and I could just hear acorns falling like rain on one side of the pond in the woods. I been thinking about it since lol. I have no spots local with acorns...I have never hunted that piece of state land but am thinking about it lol. 45 minute drive though. I got no vehicle today dang kids.....

26 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Didnt go Sunday - just wasnt feeling it.  Have a 3 day weekend coming up off and right now im a little Meh about hunting.  Im sure i will go at least one of the days though.  Only need one deer for the freezer so thinking more into it when does and fawns split and bucks start roaming.  Just off this year i guess. 

Hunt that early duck split!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ridgerunner88 said:

Out with my brother tonight… dont mind his high waters his wife washed his wool lol

84ebf939713e43f5d0e9c073f3459e4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow you guys are close together. and his platform doesnt seem comfortable to stand on very long?

Edited by BizCT

16 minutes ago, BizCT said:

wow you guys are close together. and his platform doesnt seem comfortable to stand on very long?

He is in a saddle,that size platform works just fine. My feet are a little bigger than my platform. You don't need much when it is just part of the support.

1 minute ago, BowmanMike said:

He is in a saddle,that size platform works just fine. My feet are a little bigger than my platform. You don't need much when it is just part of the support.

Oh ok, thanks for the insight. And the brothers hang next to each other for moral support or filming?

• Like 1

Up and in. Bumped one coming in. Pretty sure it was a button that I saw in the yard this morn. No big commotion he just trotted off quietly like a good boy. Now to shish kabob his great grandfather!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Got in a bit ago. Really took my time walking in. Left this stand alone for over a month and a bunch of sticks down.

Warmer than I’d like but expecting it to cook as the sun drops. Didn’t bump anything on the way which is a good start.

You forget how dense the canopy is this early.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ridgerunner88 said:

Moral support… guy came in behind those.. we moved locations.. made a makeshift ground blind 25yds from crab apples

eb2db718c084b2945a07b3c8cb33793a.jpg

From the ground = Pure exhilaration

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ridgerunner88 said:

Moral support… guy came in behind those.. we moved locations.. made a makeshift ground blind 25yds from crab apples

eb2db718c084b2945a07b3c8cb33793a.jpg

I love hunting from the ground!! Good luck out there!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Come on Rob! After all that early prep work you did, you deserve to see the fruits of your labor! You were making me feel bad with all the work you did, knowing how much I needed to do! You unknowingly motivated me! You have a big buck out there just waiting for your tag! Go get 'em!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Rob

My honest advice is to hunt when you are motivated to do so and don’t feel at all bad when you don’t.  This should not be an obligation or chore.  I only hunted a few times last year and initially felt bad as I should kill my one or two bucks. Then I realized how silly that was.  Didn’t shoot a deer last years after many years of 3-7 deer a season and usually a good buck or two.  Guess what, it made no difference. Now I feel a bit more motivated and even scheduled a rutcation.   Point is, hunt when you want and don’t feel bad when you don’t feel like it.   It’s a freakin hobby that should be fun not a burden.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ridgerunner88 said:

Its my first year bow hunting and I am not gonna lie, these first few sits have made me realize how tough it is gonna be.

I’ve sat 4 times and each one has only had one spot where I needed a deer to walk by perfectly in order for me to have the confidence to let it fly.

Although the degree of difficulty has gone up and my chances are now lower, I have loved it so far.

All the pre-planning, sneaking into spots I have never gone before with my rifle and getting those close interactions even if I don’t shoot bring me enough joy to give it a go.

Plus getting to say I shot a deer from 8yds is pretty badass IMO. Hopefully it happens!

Yep its all about being able to get close with bow hunting good luck dont give up. Im sure you will get a monster  with  Patience.

• Like 1

Oh baby the morning of the eight looks good. But wait I choose to get married October 8th what a ****ing idiot I am. 

Headed to stateland for the first time tomorrow evening. It's suppose to rain but apparently that's the early theme of my hunting season. 

On a side note just from driving the area I think it's going to be a banner year for hunting. Lots of deer out

Screenshot_20221004-191208_The Weather Channel.jpg

• Like 5