Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Talked myself into hunting here at the house.  There's a nice buck coming out regular, but I need a south wind to hunt my best natural blind.  Had a straight north wind, but convinced myself that he wasn't bedding in the scrub to the south of my plot.  Think I was dead wrong.  Zero deer.  He's keeping all the local does out of the plot for the most part.  Got about 90 pictures of him last week.  Not a WNY monster, but a decent 3YO eight pointer.  Kicking myself for not waiting for the right wind.  Hopefully I didn't spook him out of his personal grocery store.

Dang. Had a doe go by at 10 yards a few times. A buck got in between partner and I but we lost him at last light. Apparently he was just north of me. Slight bump when my partner got down. 

Close but no cigar. Just a tad late this evening. Right at the stand.

CDC971CF-C54A-4363-A8BE-D728F874F78A.jpeg

• Like 4

Dang. Had a doe go by at 10 yards a few times. A buck got in between partner and I but we lost him at last light. Apparently he was just north of me. Slight bump when my partner got down. 

Close but no cigar. Just a tad late this evening. Right at the stand.
CDC971CF-C54A-4363-A8BE-D728F874F78A.thumb.jpeg.bdcdc9989a6ab4d7cfe6ae5efad2c9f5.jpeg
That's Ohio or ny

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Just now, YFKI1983 said:

That's Ohio or ny

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

NY this weekend.

Been around cams a long time and got a cool photo here. Not even sure how they managed to do this. It’s very tight quarters. This is a hedge row that is 20 yards wide.

2BB61223-3DB9-40D7-A6C7-8D8CA8F7F4AA.jpeg

6E463D69-D7C9-418A-AD0B-81C86BE19BD1.jpeg

0058240D-FFA9-462E-8845-A8A127B56115.jpeg

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I like how his beams curl up...pretty cool deer

Several unique ones at the farm this year. We have last years photos of both of them. They both made very big gains.

C3C17974-A2A2-4242-8599-601DAEDA379C.jpeg

78BD687F-1634-4403-849E-3468AAFE3020.jpeg

82A03B07-084B-43CE-A5B9-3B09D8DC109B.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

David just turned 14, right? Break out the bolt action in the morning...lol.

We will be taking a kid out tomorrow evening. Kid is down in dumps. High hit an 8 pt this week. No dice. Hopefully we can get him a deer. Definitely not getting the daylight photos we need. Seems like the 4-630 AM time is really active here. Corn is coming down though today and tomorrow.

Edited by phade
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, phade said:

We will be taking a kid out tomorrow evening. Kid is down in dumps. High hit an 8 pt this week. No dice. Hopefully we can get him a deer. Definitely not getting the daylight photos we need. Seems like the 4-630 AM time is really active here. Corn is coming down though today and tomorrow.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Up having coffee.  Wrong wind to hunt here and wasn't prepared to head out to the farm.  Good luck out there folks.  

I hunted here on the wrong wind last evening and the buck I'm after didn't come out.  The weather is now forecasting (guessing) the right wind for this evening.  I was planning on giving this spot a rest. 

Question: Do I go after him because I have the right wind?  Or do I give it a rest, like I planned because he has some idea I'm hunting him.

I never hunt a specific buck, but right now, this is the ONLY buck.  Of course I can drive to the farm, cut wood for my brother, see my mom and try to shoot a doe.  So far, there isn't a buck over there that get my juices flowing.  Just wondering what the professionals think.

9 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

In and set, poison ivy and all. Sitting the corner of a feild this morning.

Good luck.  Somebody on here said deer like eating that, so maybe one will come right up to you.  I should a doe while hiding behind a patch of it last month.