Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Getting dressed to head out.  It’s a short drive and walk tonight but it’s going to take some time because I’m trying to sneak within 75 yrds of the main bedding and it’s very thick.  It’ll be a lot of stopping and picking my route before I take another step.  Will probably only get 2 sticks maybe 3 sticks high. I have a tree marked but we will see if I can get to it.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

Well my turn now..disgusted right now..things went from quiet to crazy at 8am.as i was posting on here I had a buck sneak in 10 yards to my right from the field.staring right at me.played with a few saplings then finally headed around some thick stuff that gave me time to get ready.had another buck behind him out in field but he wouldn't follow(he then took off).ended up giving me a 23 yards shot which ended up low and back.FFFFFFFUDGE!Not sure if it was on me or deflection.gave me a second shot and got deflected.wtf.slowly watched him walk across field.clean pass thru and know I opened him up.marked blood where I saw him just outside of pines I was sitting in,didnt even bother going into field.going back later,stomach in knots

20221008_083332.jpg

20221008_083854.jpg

I think you have this, blood looks good.  I would go out after dark, 8pm or so.  Give that deer plenty of time, he won't be far IMO!  Good Luck!

So we got permission on a 12 acre piece inside a village that allows bow hunting for the first time this season. We have exclusive permission. Was pumped because it’s likely the best or arguably second best parcel in the village. Borders are clear and it’s isolated due to a hard break in the terrain.

Found SIX tree stands. Some there well more than a year. Two doubles, a hang on, a single ladder, a LW climber, and a BOX blind. Multiple people based on stand styles and set ups.

Had to LOL at that one. Set two cams to see what the scoop is. Just reaffirms the  saying that a property is hunted whether you think it is or not. Owner confirmed again nobody else is to be out there. I know how they’re getting out there without him seeing and it’s a freaking operation going on back there. They’re crossing a major water feature. Major.

Lost the coin flip to hunt with the kid. Partner has him set up using my Bog Pod on our plot. I expect a dead deer. I’m on the other side of the farm. Corn cleared out this morning. 

Edited by phade
  • Like 4

Agree'd. Have creek that runs along property,hoping he will end up right there.ive bumped em before and know how much of a pain it can be.hopefully have my hands wrapped around em this afternoon
[mention=327]crappyice[/mention] will do,hopefully doesnt happen though!

It's too early right?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang. I chased off a small doe walking up. Wide open. She came back and has been here with me for the duration. Kid and partner encountered a doe walking in, set up, and his shaking kept him from touching a round off. Lol. I remember those days! Wish the kid was here, this would be a gimme.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

Tonight’s view. That strip is 40 yards. About 30 yards to the right is another like it but from the wood line to overlapping this one. Forces deer to not be able to see all the corner which is a low lying area. They have to navigate the opening to work around it and walk by two stands. The doe has been doing that a few times now.

42A8F88E-159D-4F31-8F00-C9F121244A31.jpeg

Edited by phade

So we got permission on a 12 acre piece inside a village that allows bow hunting for the first time this season. We have exclusive permission. Was pumped because it’s likely the best or arguably second best parcel in the village. Borders are clear and it’s isolated due to a hard break in the terrain.
Found SIX tree stands. Some there well more than a year. Two doubles, a hang on, a single ladder, a LW climber, and a BOX blind. Multiple people based on stand styles and set ups.
Had to LOL at that one. Set two cams to see what the scoop is. Just reaffirms the  saying that a property is hunted whether you think it is or not. Owner confirmed again nobody else is to be out there. I know how they’re getting out there without him seeing and it’s a freaking operation going on back there. They’re crossing a major water feature. Major.
Lost the coin flip to hunt with the kid. Partner has him set up using my Bog Pod on our plot. I expect a dead deer. I’m on the other side of the farm. Corn cleared out this morning. 

Yup that’s for sure. I lost my best spot in 3S this year (bow only). Awesome bucks for 2 weeks every November. Someone else’s trail cam was 70yds from me. I never saw another hunter and he likely never saw me. But we both hunted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro