Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

That deer isn't going to die from blood loss, he will die from septicemia.  I don't think you can track him by blood.  He should bed down again, but it'll take 8 or more hours at this point.  Go in the morning with dog if possible.

Edited by Taylormike
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Taylormike said:

That deer isn't going to die from blood loss, he will die from septicemia.  I don't think you can track him by blood.  He should bed down again, but it'll take 8 or more hours at this point.  Go in the morning with dog if possible.

Finding blood every 20-25 yards,looked promising at first

25 minutes ago, phade said:

Arrow?

Id probably wait til morning or get a dog in AM. 

Could be clotted but dang that is a tough one. Good news is he was bedded in first bed. Meaning he was hurting pretty bad.

Dont have it,left it at hit site sry.went about 100 yards and bedded along dry creek bed.got up and headed to neighboring property,which called for permission already.blood every 25 yards,more than just a drop.little puddles

10 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Good luck.  Somebody on here said deer like eating that, so maybe one will come right up to you.  I should a doe while hiding behind a patch of it last month.  

I got a case of poison ivy. Arms, one leg, and some on my hands. Must have gotten it on my clothes last weekend and then on my skin. I don't purposely roll around in the stuff or set up in it.

2 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

Good luck recovering the deer and congratulations x2 Tacks!

I’m feeling positive vibes that I’ll have an opportunity this evening!

F2CECE8A-AB68-4B43-94BE-BA7A2E1BE823.jpeg

Cool as heck is the only thing that comes to mind sir.

28 minutes ago, Marion said:
41 minutes ago, dinorocks said:
Good luck recovering the deer and congratulations x2 Tacks!
I’m feeling positive vibes that I’ll have an opportunity this evening!

F2CECE8A-AB68-4B43-94BE-BA7A2E1BE823.thumb.jpeg.79e1e15868af47598c03c6849c1efe9a.jpeg

Sick rattlesnake bow! On top of the hand knapped broadhead

Thanks!  And my wive wove my basket quiver. Hoping to get close enough!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Waiting till morning.concerns on meat not be any good,luckily not alot of yotes around but have had em on cam.owe it to the deer though to do my damnest.i hope he layed down 100 yards from there and done.i really hope

Hoping for the best outcome for you DB .  Did you try to line up a tracking dog for the morning ? Dont worry about the meat . It will be fine

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

First spot had zero fresh sign. Backed out to where I’ve been seeing that small 8. Had a 4pt come in and could see another deer in the woods behind it.  But before it came out another hunter popped out below me 15mins before shooting light ended and scared the buck and the other one off.