Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

My buddy saw 16 Friday and 7 yesterday , said his cameras have been going crazy last few days , he’s going today ,we’ll see .

My neighbor is a young deputy, sounds like he puts down a lot of deer  . Also this year he’s starting bow hunting , and never gun hunted , I’m taking him next week , should be interesting.

Haha, actually got a doe on camera right in front of one of my stands in the plot around 7:00.  Typically full moons are a bust for me,  oh well!  Back at it soon enough.

Edited by loworange88
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, phade said:

Looks like we have a kid who got a deer. Finally.

That's good, I was getting worried about you two. Haven't had any meetups in the Runnings parking lately, was wondering if you guys had taken up golf now instead of deer hunting lol?! Joking of course. Congrats to the kid, I'm sure one of you will follow suite shortly!

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

I am so happy to be attending a walk for the hearing impaired for my little cousin tomorrow morning!!! The fact that it lines up with a full moon is just gravy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re the one who voted for youth weekend on full moon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Been in the ground blind since 6:45. 2 small bucks snuck in close through some thick stuff no way could my daughter have swung on them without getting busted. I think I’ve bedded down fifteen yards away but I don’t know that for sure.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, BizCT said:

You’re the one who voted for youth weekend on full moon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s good strategy, look like you’re for it while , giving them the full moon to hamper success , thus preserving deer for bow . 

• Like 1

Waiting on my Pheasant  Hunting Partner.
 So,I am counting 5 points on the one side of the Buck,I uploaded. And that Massive Neck. His Neck looks bigger then the Slim ones in Four Seasons Big Pen.

Bill-It's hunting season. We reserve all "pen-deer jokes" and jealousy "attacks" on FSW for the off season.
---BurmJohn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got down early last night after a doe and fawn came by. She was big and gave me 3 chances to shoot but I passed. She stopped didn't like something and blew up the woods snorting. Should of shot her. lol So im walking out at 6:30 and hit my power lines. I mowed it this year and the deer seem to love it. I look down maybe 100 yards again an adult doe. She sees me and runs straight at me 3/4 the way up and stops. We had a stand off for 10 minutes and I had enough, I waved at her said goodby and she just stood there watching me. Something is in the water lol

• Like 4

No dice.we were on the trail with alot of off course but amazing how this dog worked.got to a point where the handler spotted a deer get up and move.dog followed right to property line.sure enough we are standing there talking for a solid 10 mins while I was trying to get permission.sure enough.stands up 40 yards from us and kept moving on that property.went from one bed to the next bed 50-60yards apart,damnit!!!!!waiting for land owner to contact me.guys left and marked last sighting

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

No dice.we were on the trail with alot of off course but amazing how this dog worked.got to a point where the handler spotted a deer get up and move.dog followed right to property line.sure enough we are standing there talking for a solid 10 mins while I was trying to get permission.sure enough.stands up 40 yards from us and kept moving on that property.went from one bed to the next bed 50-60yards apart,damnit!!!!!waiting for land owner to contact me.guys left and marked last sighting

Good news, your meats not spoiled or eaten. Keep grinding

The hunt is still on. This still has a chance at a good ending story! Good luck!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Hope you get him! Dont lift now